VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TwistedWave IOS app problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevevaus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: TwistedWave IOS app problems Reply with quote

Anyone using Twistedwave iOS aHobo Tounge on iPad? Just finished an audiobook (2 hrs long) but now can't get it to export to iTunes, dropbox, ftp . . . anywhere. When I try I get a crash. Making me CRAZY - and blowing my deadline. Any suggestions?

Thanks
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an Apple guy so I don't have the nifty fix, but I do see the one piece of information you haven't given. Is this the first time you have tried to do an export so you are learning something for the first time... or have you done this before with this software but today it won't do what it has done before and you are trying to figure out what has changed?
stevevaus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used it before but not for such a large project. I am able, even now to export smaller projects - but not the big file (roughly 1GB)
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of iOS on the iPad? downloaded the latest update of TW iOS?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stevevaus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipad iOS is up to date as is TW

I've discovered the issue is even more odd - I can export almost all of the session (from the 10 minute mark through the end - roughly 2 hours) But the first ten minutes won't let me copy, export, nothing - though I can listen.

Really REALLY weird.

No response from TW yet.
jasbart
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used IOS TwistedWave for almost two years and never had trouble exporting. But none of the audio I exported came close to being two hours long. You may consider that it's not a problem with TW, but rather with the place you're exporting to. For instance I'm pretty sure Dropbox won't accept an upload of that size. Are you attempting to export the entire book in one file? Finally are you exporting MP3 or WAV?

Jim
stevevaus

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried every export option. Most of the project can be sent to iTunes for example - but trying to export the first ten minutes or so crashes the aHobo Tounge. Same if I try to copy it. However all sections play fine.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next obvious step would appear to be: once you have exported successfully the last hour or hour-and-a-half, then you DELETE the last hour and see if you can now export the first 10 minutes, the first half hour or hour.

I will take a computer on-site to record a town hall meeting or a seminar or a worship event and end up witgh some lengthy recordings but I must tell you that I get very nervous if any file gets to be ONE hour or longer. Too much chance for mechanical failure, much less having software throw a temper-tantrum.

Will Twisted Wave let you save the entire file in some kind of "native" file other than wav or mp3 so you don't lose the thing? (We do that type of save a lot in Photoshop. Save the monster file in a .raw or .tiff, knowing that eventually after editing the delivered finshed file is likely to be .jpg.

If you can only save in some kind of native work-file then you can contemplate how to get the native file moved to another machine, or to reload it after shutting down the computer, letting all the memory free up, and then reload the native file and see if you can output the work in the format you need it.

But at some point you may have to cry for a minute or two, abandon the work you have done and record the whole thing again. This time, in two one-hour files. That could turn out to be easier and more efficient that taking the time to go buy an external hard drive, transfer the work-file to the hard drive and take it to someone who has a machine with more memory or something that can salvage your existing file.

You have a number of options. Most of them are disappointing or worse.
stevevaus

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at worst I will only have to record the first 10 minutes or so. But this is just plain weird, frankly and I am totally perplexed as to the WHY. And, disappointed I have not heard back from support.
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just had a crazy idea to try to AudioCopy and AudioPaste to different aHobo Tounges, like N-Track or WavePad. and try exporting from there. Or, biting the bullet and investing 50 beans in Auria, and AudioCopy and Paste from there. Auria is designed to export beefier projects like yours
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
stevevaus

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried audio copy of the offending portion and/or subparts thereof. It crashes. Really weird.
chrisvoco
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive my ignorance of iOS, but can't you do one of:

1. mount the iPad's storage from computer via USB

2. use an FTP client on iPad

3. connect to a CIFS (windows/samba/whatever) share from iPad

4. etc.

...to get the file(s) to an actual computer and then do whatever is necessary to finish up?
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-record the iPad' output to a different device to "recover" the trouble audio.
I guess Thomas is on vacation...
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: