VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gear and recording podcasts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Gear and recording podcasts Reply with quote

A big selection of podcasts with several engineers and recording industry folks to play in the background of your day.

http://nowcastnetwork.com/
D Voice
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to that sometimes too. Some gets pretty esoteric, some is quite interesting.

I must say, it always amazes and amuses me how podcasts with 'audio professionals' can often seem to have one or more of several audio issues:
mouth noises and clicks; obvious noise gating and pumping sometimes; inconsistent levels; music mixed way too loud and compressed, compared to the spoken content which is sometimes mixed to low to be understood, especially if you are listening on ear buds out on the streets. It makes you wonder if people who make these things ever listen back in the environment their listeners do. Most could do a much better job of EQing and the right amount of compression to bring out the content out, but reduce ear fatigue.

Not necessarily thinking about or picking on Nowcast- it is certainly better than many of the others- but even they are not immune from some of these issues.
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're on the subject, I've been thinking about re-vamping the processing on EWABS. Any thoughts on how I might improve it? Less radio, more "natural"? No gate? Less gate?
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D Voice
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: EWABS Reply with quote

When I have watched the show on UStream or Youtube it sounds pretty good to me most of the time- but that is listening on monitors.

There is a podcast version of the show, right? (When I looked for it in the past, it was difficult to find and seems to move around a bit. Maybe it is just me- I avoid iTunes)

Would be glad to listen to a couple and give you my two cents. FWIW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: