VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E100s shockmount woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elkrafto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: E100s shockmount woes Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I jumped on the E100s bandwagon a while back (based in part on recommendations here). I love the mic, but the little rubber shockmount dingers keep breaking on me. At first, I was using a mic cable that fit really snug, so I figured I may have broken one in the struggle there. Swapped cables, no more struggles removing the cable. Then, the other day, I took it out to use it, and another support was broken. I'm starting to wonder if somehow putting it in and taking it out of the box is breaking them somehow? I had sent it in for repair, and it came back with a broken one too, and they sent me some more extras. I want to think they didn't send it back with a broken support, so that's when I started to suspect the box. I've been super gentle with it (post-snug cable), but they keep breaking.

On the plus (?) side, I'm getting pretty good at putting new ones on.

Anyone else have this problem? What could I possibly be doing wrong?
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had e100s shockmount woes as well, of a different sort. It kept slipping and it turned out a threaded bit had gotten stripped. Replacement was pretty fast and reasonably priced (can't recall exact amount). At any rate, if it turns out the problem ain't you but the unit, all is not lost.

heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have one.. But it's a common complaint.

The interwebz are full of similar stories. Get Lost
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it takes me a while to connect the dots but I knew there was a good reason to reply beyond blathering about my similar-but-not-really-at-all-similar shockmount issue.

When I first got my E100S, the mount was reversed and I was having one heck of a hard time switching it back. So I contacted the fine folks at CAD and Muhammad Ejazgot got right back to me with a teardown/assembly video he made. I just put it up on dropbox for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyxdm94vs9i6dx2/E100S%20Shock%20Mount%20Video%201.mpg?dl=0

Maybe you can spot something you are doing differently?

elkrafto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that video, Foog. The fishing line trick is even better than how I've been doing it. I'll have to look at the mount when I get home to make sure it's going the right way.

heyguido, I'd have Googled it, but I prefer to use that strictly for serious medical issues. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: