VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ridiculous price for Audient id22
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Ridiculous price for Audient id22 Reply with quote

Just found a fantastic price for a new audient id22 from our friends across the pond:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audient-iD22-/221686191504?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339d86d590

It's about 450.00 plus shipping, which is less than I've seen it anywhere. I don't have one myself, but would love to hear from those who do before I pull the trigger. Thank you very much!

Warmest Regards,

Sean
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a tough decision. The price is attractive. However, the ad says they will ship to U.S. You are in Japan? Someone to trans-ship it from here to you? What will that cost? Clear up the warranty time frame. It is possible that the warranty window (from the seller) will come and go before you get the box and run it through the wringer. Clarify that they will stand behind the warranty if you have it sent to you in Japan. (They may have some limitations on them placed by Audient being protective of their distribution system.)

I'm several months into mine. Happy camper here. I can't compare it to other boxes in it's class because I haven't used anything in this class before.

You may move faster than I do. It took me a while to understand some of it's behavior. Audient seems to serve the MUSIC crowd. I have never been in a music production location as it operated so the language and the style was foreign to me. Customer support at Audient has been excellent and they have be patient with this old non-musician voice guy.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Vkuen (for this and replying to my other post.) I've contacted the seller, and they said it'd cost 40.00 USD to ship to japan, which still puts it a hundred dollars less than I've seen elsewhere.

I'm a bassist and singer as well, so I do like the idea of using this for more than just VO.

Great advice about doublechecking the warranty. Thank you so much!
Ed Fisher
DC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard nothing but good things about the Audient id22 on this forum. As for the rest....what's a good price? Where to buy it? Is it "gray market"...no idea. Sorry. Would I like to have one? D**n Straight. Laugh
Foog
DC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from exchanging my id22 for another one on the incredibly long-shot chance that it was the source of my mystery microphone noise. Even though the Montreal distributor I bought it from and the folks at Audient itself both figured it was absurdly unlikely, THEY suggested I get another unit just in case. Customer service that is above and beyond the call, and a fantastic product, and a great price? I'd say go for it!

Did you say you were a bass player?

Q: Hear about the new Nashville tuning for bass?

A: D-E-A-F

I got a million of 'em!

sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout this one?

"Why don't you make like a bassist, and make yourself inaudible?"

thanks for weighing in, Foog!
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option that looks nice is the Audient ID14. 299 bucks.
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Looks like a nice option Reply with quote

That iD14 looks pretty nice. Seems to have the main features needed for VO, very good converters, and excellent micpres.

Appears to be missing the hpf from the iD22, which was starting at 100 Hz instead of 80 Hz, which would be more practical for VO.

seems that you might not be able to bypass the micpres if you want to use a micpre you like, but the ones that come with the unit are quite good in any case.

If the build is like the iD22, which I suspect it is, then it is top quality and the customer service is outstanding.

And if you need a hpf you can either do it in post production, or use something I just got, the FetHeat Phantom and ask them to build you in a hpf starting at 80 Hz, which they did for me Smile

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to know that the Fethead can be customized to roll off below 80hz.

I was looking for an XLR inline type hpf to use while traveling.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool about the Fethead, NorthEnd and FinMac!

Wow, that Id14 does look impressive. If I wasn't still waiting on my mixerface ( I know, I know...I'm probly one of the only indiegogo contributors who hasn't given up yet.) It would be a great low cost/travel solution. But one of the main reasons I want the Id22 is it's expandability and routing capabilities (I may never get another preamp, but I will definitely take advantage of it's patching abilities.)

Thanks, everyone for your thoughts!
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also one of those standing on the shoreline waiting for the MixerFace ship to come in......waiting....and waiting.....waiting....and more waiting....but alas....its silhouette has yet to break the horizon.......

You couldn't blame one for thinking that this might be a new business model...
...planned obsolescence before it even ships to the customer.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I more than sympathize, Northend, but I feel for Centrance, too. It's easy to give them flack for their failed attempt at crowdsourcing and publicity; they've faced technical hiccup after hiccup, and their reputation and credibility have taken a hit from what used to be one of their most loyal followings. But I admire them for refusing to put out a product that they are dissatisfied with, despite the pressure to complete it ASAP and the backlash they've received. I'm confident that this will be a worthwhile product, and our patience will be rewarded. Will they be able to demand $700 for it from everyone else? That, I'm not so sure of...
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. My comments are meant more "tongue in cheek" than derisive but you're right, they are definitely taking a hit on this rollout. I have to admit that if I hadn't contributed to the Indiegogo campaign, I most likely wouldn't purchase one. It is a very specialized piece of gear. $700 will buy one or two very nice toys that could prove more useful.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe the price-fever for this item has broken. I checked the web sites of a couple of vendors that I consider solid and dependable and found that the current price for brand new id22s is $550 at one and $600 at the other. I haven't taken the time to search further for now.
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That iD14 looks pretty rockin! Plus the BB converters. That sounds like a winner if you don't need the extra outputs on the iD22. Same software so you could probably do the mix minus deal. The pres on the iD22 sound pretty killer. I did a comparison between the DBX286a and iD22 recently and the iD22 sounded very much like a smoothed out Avalon M5 to my ear. The DBX was very lack luster in comparison. Quite midrangy and grungy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: