VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Centrance Mic Port Pro
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I had heard about some QC issues, which was something that made me wary. Plus (and I know this doesn't have much to do with the MPP), I was recently a bit miffed with Centrance over their Indigogo crowd-funding of the Mixerface and the subsequent screw-ups and non-delivery. Not the way a reputable company should act in my opinion and I'd really prefer not to give them my money if there's a viable alternative.
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came up in another discussion quite awhile ago but I thought I'd relate my experience with both the MPP and X2U again.

Got the MPP specifically for working while traveling. Also saw the X2U, and for the price, thought it would be a good backup to the MPP. Turns out that's exactly what happened. The MPP did not prove itself as being dependable. Had to bust out of a couple of sessions and reconnect with the X2U. Since that time, I now just use the X2U. Never had an issue with it at all using a 416.

The X2U is built like a tank. Feels more solid in construction. Controls are easy to access while working too. I know some folks haven't had any issues with the MPP but I can attest to the fact that I certainly have. I suspect that this one was in the QC issues batch.

BTW....There's a status update on Mixerface...and well.....

Last edited by NorthEndVoice on Sat May 09, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two MicPort Pros and have not experienced any quality issues with either one. I have no experience with the X2U.

I believe Melissa has had both,so she can give you a more educated opinion.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: