VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 MixControl software routing ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 MixControl software routing ... Reply with quote

one simple thing I cannot figure out. maybe its not even possible.. recording with two separate mics. Mic 1 in the booth, Input 1.. and Mic 2 at the desk., Input 2...Two separate headphone outputs . Headphone 01 goes to the booth, Headphone 02 goes to the desk..

I want the main monitors (Output 1-2) muted when I'm recording.. its fine when I'm recording with Mic 2 and Headphone output 02, because that doesnt mirror the main monitors (Output 1-2), But, when I'm recording Mic 1, thru Headphone 01, the monitors coming from output 1 and 2, are playing back as I'm recording, thus bleeding into Mic 1 .. How do you mute the monitors coming from output 1 and 2, and still monitor the recording from Headphone 01? Is it maybe only possible by turning down the big knob when I'm recording and turning it back up when I playback? Seems like kind of a PITA

any help would be appreciated.. thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you created separate mixes for the outputs? Say mix 1 has your DAW and computer (no mic) then mix 2 adds mic 1 and mix 3 adds mic 2. Then assign mix 1 to output 1/2, mix 2 to output 3/4 and mix 3 to output 5/6. HP1 mirrors output 3/4 and HP2 mirrors output 5/6 (according to the documentation).
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jason.. I made three separate mixes, but I'm still not sure how to route the output 3-4 to Mix 2, or the Booth mic, which is input one..it's still playing out the studio monitors when I redo the DAW is assigned to the monitors or output 1-2, and Mix 3 or Mic 2, HP 02 are fine. I don't get also output 1-2, 3-4, 5-6…in the upper part of the main output.. the only selections I see are Mon 1, Mon 2, Line H/P L, Line H/P R, Spdif OPL, Spidif OPR

Yikes!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I mixed up the documentation. The version of mix control I was looking at had another output. I'm guessing that HP1 mirrors Output 1/2 and HP2 mirrors 3/4. Would it work to just split HP2 to a headphone amp with both mics in there? Looks like you cannot separate HP1 from the monitor mix.
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched high and low for a way to decouple the Main Outputs from the Primary headphone output, and no dice.. Did find a couple of workarounds..

1) pretty obvious.. just turn down the big main monitor knob when recording, turn it back up when you wanna playback
2) Had an Maudio Mobile Pre that I had laying around, and ran the Main Monitor outputs out of that, from the DAW (TW).. everything stays the same with the Focusrite, you just aren't running a Monitor output out of it..
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. If you just make an aggregate device, then it shouldn't be an issue to just run that all at the same time. I guess if the 6i6 had separate mix capability for all outputs it would really be a 6i10 Smile
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the threadjack, but my 6i6 just arrived in the mail yesterday. I know I have to install the Mixcontrol software to get the device to work with my computer, but I have also downloaded the Red2 & Red3 plug-ins and the Scarlett plug-in. If I'm just going to use the device as an interface to bring balanced audio into my computer, do I need to bother with any of the plug-ins?
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you don't need them per se, but the Red 2 and Red 3 retails for $300, so it wouldn't hurt to have them.. the EQ is nice.. in addition . the Scarlett Plug in suite of 4 plugs that comes with it as well, is useful for certain things
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: