VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS - Safesound Audio Tracking Toolbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graemespicer
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: FS - Safesound Audio Tracking Toolbox Reply with quote

PICS AVAILABLE - MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

This is a fabulous British designed and built mic preamp/channel strip that was purpose made for voiceover! I love this thing, but am simplifying (argh ... again) and am now running my mic directly into my UA Apollo interface.

The Tracking Toolbox is a 1U, half-rack unit that is perfect for voice actors. It has a transformer-based mic input; a high-pass filter to remove rumble; a 1:2 downward expander to get rid of some room noise; a gentle compressor to even out your levels; a simple limiter to prevent clipping; and a fantastic monitoring system unlike anything I've ever seen in a channel strip before.

It's that downward expander that made me think this was built for voiceover - the 1:2 fixed ratio is perfect for us, but I wouldn't think very helpful for any other application (like music) Smile

Another thing I love about the Tracking Toolbox is that the beefy power supply is internal - no crappy wall-wart lump plugged in to your electrical outlet.

If you would like to learn more, please check out the great user manual here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew6c6dc4n229otq/Tracking_Toolbox_User_Manual.pdf?dl=0

Unfortunately the UK company that manufactured these unit closed it's doors last year. However, it's built like a tank and doesn't use any integrated circuits in the signal path, so it would be relatively easy to fix at some point down the road if necessary. I'm pretty well-known by many on the board, so rest assured it's in perfect shape and that I am meticulous about caring for my equipment. I think George Whittam would vouch for me (I hope).

The street price for these units was $1500, and I bought one of the last ones from Warren Dent at Zen Pro Audio for $1100 back in March of this year. It is in like new condition, and I have all of the original packaging. This is as close as you'll get to factory fresh.

This is a fantastic sounding, all-in-one compact solution for the right voice actor. If you have any questions at all, please let me know!

Member of the World-Voices Executive Board

tel • (416) 716-2246
email • graeme@graemespicer.com
graemespicer.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: