VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a clue with new Logitech Webcam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Need a clue with new Logitech Webcam Reply with quote

Decided to wander into an unexplored forest for me. I am the proud new owner of a Logitech C920 Webcam. Installed Logitech Webcam Software so I could make recordings. Did two short tests using built in mic on camera. Did two short tests doing what a "teckie at heart" has to do: using my USB digital audio device for input.

Then the MIC MUTE button came on and is LOCKED on when the USB device is selected as the input. I deleted the software and reinstalled. I still have a muted mic anytime I try to record using the GOOD AUDIO source. Go back to the internal mic on the camera and the mic properly will mute and unmute. But when I choose my USB input... the world is in constant MIC MUTE.

Any suggestions. I must be doing something wrong. Could not possibly be the software at fault..... right???? Sarcastic Is there a secret handshake I need to know?
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have been a helpful courtesy had I shared with you that I am on Windows 7 Professional.
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your USB interface still plugged in? The software may be defaulting to that for audio.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know what caused the "lock-up" of the mute button but finally I uninstalled the program from Logitech that captures and records the output of the camera and then I did a fresh install of the program all over again. So far, so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: