VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twisted wave,..lite? or standard version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Knight
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Twisted wave,..lite? or standard version Reply with quote

Just made the migration to Mac, and would like to use twisted wave, so my question; is the $79.00 for the standard version worth the dough, or can I get by with twisted wave lite?
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak to Twisted Wave specifically, but I can tell you with rare exception, anytime I've used a "lite" version of a software I find myself wanting to upgrade almost immediately. It seems nearly every decent feature is locked away in the paid version. It makes sense from a sales perspective.

Now, one of the great benefits of Twisted Wave is that the full version is cheap. I mean, $80 is still $80, but compared to most other DAWs it's a steal.

I am facing a similar decision. I just downgraded to a Mac. I say that sort of tongue in cheek as my Windows PC was acting flaky so I went back to my 2009 Macbook which oddly works much better for recording then my brand new Windows 10 laptop.

Hey, you're in Maryland? Maybe we can go halfsies? I'll take the weekends, and you can use it during the week. Deal?
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree with Paul. I don't know exactly what you do/don't get in the light version, but I use the full twisted wave specifically for long form narration (books, elearning etc) where the drop-in edit is easier than my full-functioned Adobe Audition! TW integrates nicely with all the Mac core audio services (and other AU programs like iZotope). I honestly think that it's all anyone really needs (unless they're looking at multi-track productions). Exceptionally clean and user friendly interface.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know there was a light version! If you do a little digging, you can find TW for as cheap as $20! (Usually closer to $40, but still a great price, and yes, the full price is definitely worth it.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: