VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Directed via Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulstefano wrote:
Bob, do you route the audio from your studio mic back to the client? Or do you just have the separate computer in the booth so they can see you and use the audio from it separately?

Paul,

First, to clarify, only the keyboard, mouse and monitor (plus web cam) are in my studio with me. Both my "Skype" computer and my main workstation (the actual CPUs) are outside of the studio with cables run through a short section of PVC pipe in the wall. I stuff an old towel in the pipe to dampen any sound transfer and make sure my studio remains silent.

Second, I use a small Mackie mixer to route my microphone audio to both my main workstation and my "Skype" computer. The audio return from that "Skype" computer comes back to my headphones and not through the mixer so I record only my narration and not the direction.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bob
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, you may have long lost interest in the Skype-video-in-a-small-booth thing, but as I've just come upon this thread and have dealt with the sitch, allow me chime in.

First, I've only been Skype-directed FOR A JOB using audio only. However, I do partake in coaching sessions where my wonderful coach wants to see what I'm doing, and vice-versa. As my booth, like yours, allows me to stand only with very little room left over, my computer and other equipment are outside in the adjoining room. I pondered introducing a cheap video monitor into my booth, but even that presented logistical and space-eating issues. And so I ended up using my iPad Mini (from which I usually read copy), a long third-party iPad cable, and an app called Duet that duplicates my Mac screen (sitting in the "Mixing Room") on the iPad. It's small, but it's crisp, and i can actually see the video well enough. I also have a third-party cheap computer camera sitting on top of the iPad so I can be seen. (I can't use the iPad's camera as it's not selectable from Skype, which sees hardware only when it's connected to the Mac itself).

This is an extraordinarily inelegant solution, but it works. My other choice would be to forego the use of my usual audio setup, and I'm not willing to do that right now. Plus I have the usual Tinkering Problem that required me to find a way to make this work.

It's all a bit of a pain to set up each time I do a coaching session, but I manage.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack,

Actually, I'm not working in a booth. I have a 10x8 room-inside-a-room design so that everything I need to work is here inside this room with me. But it appears you have a handle on your situation (however inelegant it may be) and as long as its working for you, that's a good thing.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: