VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good open back headphones?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yarg28
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: good open back headphones? Reply with quote

Looking for a decent set of open back headphones to wear during directed sessions. They don't need to be monitor quality/price but id prefer something that sounded pretty flat.

Thanks!

Gary
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

I am a big fan of any of the open-air Sennheiser headphones. They come in a variety of sizes and prices.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
yarg28
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bob.
DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While they're not open, I use the AKG K271 MKII's ...

They're very comfortable with the velour pads for long sessions and isolate well, but not nearly as much as my Sennheiser HD-25 II's. To me, they sound "open" compared to any other set I own, including my Bower & Wilkin's P5's.

They also are also annoyingly neutral and flat (not good for music!) which is good, because it doesn't flatter your voice and make you lazy. The lows are not big and blend well with mids. A lot of tracking headphones give a colored or "enhanced" bass/mid boost which doesn't represent what's actually being recorded accurately.

The headphones also have a switch on them so when they're taken off they automatically are muted, which helps prevent bleeding into the mic as you take them off your head.
yarg28
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see these guys recommended a lot for their comfort and affordability. (Paul Strikwerda has used them for a few years now.)

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&linkCode=sl1&tag=voicactimast-20&linkId=737daaa594a7698f9ced821e1ef40424
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: