VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Audio Recorder Pro and Micport Pro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: USB Audio Recorder Pro and Micport Pro Reply with quote

Would like to use these on my Android phone/tablet..though it seems it will only work with a powered USB hub.Ay recommendations for something that's good quality but small and easily packable?
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that combination WILL work --- you just need an OTG (on the go) cable - available on the intarwebs for a few bucks.

example using my android phone

ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the OTG...so if I understand (and possibly misunderstood the app's website) I don't need a powered hub with the Micport Pro? Thanks Todd
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill....

Depends on the phone or tablet in question. Have you checked out the compatibility list on the website?
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did..there's a caveat but I think it's an old one.. requires Android 4.,3..but I think the update is in the 5's now. Will test shortly. Thanks!
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know if we can help.
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Don... Smile I could use a little.

Got it recording, and I see where it saves the files. Actually I thought it mentioned volume input control was possible but maybe not? But anyway,

The companion app, the Audio Evolution app...sure seems to do a lot of things..but i don't need 99% of those. All I want to do is import my just-recorded audio , edit and clean it up a bit and turn it into an mp3 to send via email..For me, this app is almost exclusively for auditions...and auditions done when I'm on a break or vacation, usually, so I want this to be simple, and quick. Is there some fast pointers you can share, or a small easy start tutorial somewhere..I'll never mix tracks, add music, record drums LOL. One track, one voice, one file, send, done. Smile

Thanks!
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not record and import into something simpler like Twisted Wave online? Have you tried that?

I just did this yesterday. Recorded on the simple "Voice Recorder" app on my Android phone, then uploaded to Twisted Wave online. I was able to edit, save as Mp3 and even add some processing with their online tools. Oh, it's also completely free!
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dupllicate sorry
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I thought TW was mac only. Am I incorrect?
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the online version. It just runs in the browser and you can use it to record either from the direct microphone on your computer/tablet/phone, or just plug in an interface.

It is almost as full featured as the stand alone version, the only difference being you can't use plugins. It does have a surprising amount of online effects though
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks Paul...I'll play with it.

In the meantime, if someone can set me straight on Audio Evolution, that would be appreciated.
heyguido
MMD

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill... My apologies, I'm traveling again...

For quick and dirty recording, the basic app is fine, but, for anything else, I recommend Audio Evolution Mobile. It's cheap, so the cost of entry is minimal, and you can pretty much do it all from within the app, from initial recording to editing, effects, mixdown, and file export.

Agreed, it does way more than any of us likely will ever need, but then, so do most of the apps and software found on our vo laptops or desktops.

Basic editing functions are pretty straightforward, however, and easy to learn. The biggest drawback is screen size... And, of course, finger size, which is why I generally recommend use of a tablet, rather than a phone, unless you carry one of the monster devices like the Galaxy Note or other phablets.

Here's a link to the manual, which details the basic editing functions, along with other more non-vo capabilities.... The majority of which I pretty much ignore...

http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php

I'll check back later from the road, meanwhile, feel free to email me if you need further assistance.

db
ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Don...That should be just what I need...I did get the AEMobile and also the USB Audio Recorder Pro., so along with the OTG I guess I'm good to at least get started. Seems like there's not really a need for a powered hub, right? And tablet is what I think I'll be using...and I wish I had a bigger one. My fingers are just plain too big for phone screens Smile
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don (a.k.a. heyguido) streered me toward this software and and Android as a recording device 2 or 3 years ago and I have already forgotten more than I ever learned, but the concept/philosophy I brought forward out of the experience: A powered hub is needed IF your phone/tablet does not have enough battery power to sustain itself PLUS provide power to your A/D Converter/preamp. And I think it was in this context that I learned that not just any old powered hub will work. If you have trouble getting a powered hub to function, I will dig through the archives and pull up the technical description of the hub that may be needed to get everything to talk to everything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: