VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scarlett 2nd gen now packs ProTools and software for $99

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Scarlett 2nd gen now packs ProTools and software for $99 Reply with quote

For the budget minded folks out there.
http://www.samash.com/scarlett-solo-usb-audio-interface-2nd-gen-fsolo2xxx

An exclusive version of ProTools so it's probably limited but for VO it probably rocks!
captain54
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ProTools version is free either way.. available to anyone that subscribes…the only limitation is .. you can only save three sessions.. in the version I have, you can't use third party plug ins…

http://apps.avid.com/ProToolsFirst/

Other than that, the 2nd gen made some upgrades that will more so benefit instrumentalists.. It looks like they did refine their preamp, though…
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up this package. Does it ONLY work with MACs?
DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't really beat $200 for Logic Pro X if you use a Mac.

I tried using some of my VST plugins with TwistedWave and they sounded HORRIBLE compared to LogicPro. No idea why.

Sure, it's a heavy duty program used in top-tier recording studios, but if you select the simple/basic interface it's not that much different than GarageBand -- BUT you have access to a ton more features as you grown/learn down the road.

If you like making music, well it's awesome for that as well.
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenaliDave wrote:

I tried using some of my VST plugins with TwistedWave and they sounded HORRIBLE compared to LogicPro. No idea why.

Really? Wow, I would have thought that was impossible with all files being digital. Good to know, thanks.
DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, you mentioned some of the iZotope plugins were "harsh" -- and using them in TwistedWave, I agree! I must have heard what you heard.

I tried using the de-click with the same levels/settings as I've used in Logic Pro, and it sounded HORRIBLE.

I don't think TW is really setup to handle heavy duty, processor intensive plugins that run live during playback like Adobe Audition, Logic Pro, Protools, or even Steinberg.

If you're going to produce professional products, you should be using professional tools. We all use quality XLR mics and interfaces, why should we be cutting ourselves off at the knees with our software?

We spend a lot of time researching hardware, but if we skimp in the software dept, we're creating a weak link!

Also, you can't run more than one at a time it seems (or I haven't figured out how). So you can't create a digital "recording chain" of EQ, compressor and de-esser. Well, you CAN, but you have to run each as individual passes...

And I wouldn't be able to make awesome retro, 80's music like this!

So while I love recording INTO TwistedWave and editing in TwistedWave, I sure don't master anything I need to master in TwistedWave. Nope, nope, nope...I'll stick to bouncing my files out of Logic Pro X...

Smile
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DenaliDave wrote:
Paul, you mentioned some of the iZotope plugins were "harsh" -- and using them in TwistedWave, I agree! I must have heard what you heard.

Smile

Actually it was Acon Digital Restoration I used with TW, as well as the Scarlett "Red" plugins. You are right, all sounded like garbage in Twisted Wave though. It never occurred to me the DAW might be the issue. Thanks
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But did they sound better in another program? (Like Logic or ProTools)
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tried. The thought never occurred to me and I use Twisted Wave exclusively for single track
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: