VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to set up Skype phone patch on second computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Trying to set up Skype phone patch on second computer Reply with quote

YIKES! Got a call from out of the blue today and they want to do a Skype Phone Patch session tomorrow.....I usually record and phone patch on one computer but am trying to get away from that in order to minimize glitches.....I have a laptop (Macbook Air) but am having a little trouble setting things up....I did manage to connect the headphone output of my laptop to my main computer (the idea being to record on the laptop and run Skype on the main computer (Mac Mini) and I can see that Skype is getting the audio, but I can't get the audio to go to my monitor (headphones) in the booth.....also have a new Mackie 802 mixer.
Main interface is a Focusrite Forte but I also have a Centrance Micport Pro in my road kit that may come in handy here....doing this kind of stuff always makes my brain hurt....if anyone has any tips, I am all ears and most appreciative
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob
Try a splitter or use an output from the forte? I'm not familiar with the Mackie.
I run skype and reccord on my system with no problems. PC though
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....that's a thought Eddie..... I could try running the output of the Forte into the DAW directly....I will let you know if that works.......thanks..... cool
Rob Ellis
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just went ahead and did what I have been doing, which is record the audio and run Skype on the same computer.....but I definitely need to figure this thing out because one day I suspect the "one computer" approach is going to burn me....especially given that my computer is almost 8 years old......
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the headphone output on the forte since you know you have signals running through both computers?
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put a small shelf into my booth, specifically to hold my tablet so I can Skype with that while not monkeying with my existing setup for recording. Fortunately, I don't normally wear headphones while recording, so I could just plug a set of cans into the tablet to hear the clients. This arrangement would make it difficult to playback audio to people on the other end, Right now, that would involve holding the tablet's built-in mic up to a speaker. Not exactly the most ideal way to do it.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: