VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phone patch using iRig and Audient iD22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: phone patch using iRig and Audient iD22 Reply with quote

I'm trying to hookup a phone patch with my Audient id22using an iRig and I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
Here's what I got hooked into the iD22...

Mic into input 1
Mic into input 2--->Send out to dbx 166XL noise gate/compressor--->back into Return on Audient
1L out 2R--->feeds monitors.

As I said, I'm trying to use an iRig to accomplish this and it IS possible with the iD22 and iRig according to George Whittam (see video below, starting at 23:30).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15XYNKvMrik&t=1603s&index=60&list=WL

I've done some tinkering but can't get it so that I can hear the person on the other end of the phone.

I've also tried tapping into some of the inputs on my Samson C-Control monitor matrix but have come up short there.
I unplugged the Hosa 3.5mm TRS to 1/4in TRS cable from the 'headphone' port on the iRig and just plugged my headphones in there and i CAN here the other caller though.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Moose
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would something like the JK Audio Bluedriver accomplish the phone patch with just the id22 and no mixer?
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your ultimate goal and does your computer have a built-in 1/8" input?
Moosevoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Huggins wrote:
What is your ultimate goal and does your computer have a built-in 1/8" input?

Just a phone patch : I hear client in cans they hear my audio, don't need them on a different track or anything.
And, yes, computer has a 1/8" input
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This only works with a Macbook, iMac, PC or phone with a TRRS connection, which is for headsets that have mic and headphones.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Skype for phone patch needs. I go to preferences in Skype and set it to send and receive through my audio editing program. And if you're wondering how I deal with phone numbers and such, here's what I told another VO-BB member:

Several years ago when I was planning my move from Phoenix to Portland, Oregon I got a Google phone number here in Oregon. You can direct it to forward to any numbers you want so I now have it going to my Cell phone and to my Skype number. When a call goes to my Google number it rings to both. Whichever one I pick up is the one that gets the call. I give my Skype and cell number to almost no one. They don't need it. You can even get the caller ID on your outgoing Skype calls to read whatever you want and in my case it's my Google number. I think I'm paying something like $120 a year to Skype for the service and the phone number, and the Google number is totally free.

I also like Skype because multiple people can call in and get added to the conversation. Slick when you have to have a "roomful" of directors.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misread your original post. To do this for free, I would recommend getting a Google Voice number and just routing everything throw your computer. The quality of GV has increased to be similar to Skype and it is pretty easy to set up. Then you could control everything, your client would hear your voice via your microphone (so better quality for them than your cell phone) and you could even do mix-minus playback with the iD22 and your 1/8" input jack on the computer.

Like Bruce, I use a Skype phone number that I pay for annually. It is easier to set up and use (and I think sounds a bit better) than GV but it does cost something.
Kristin Lennox
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Skype as a phone patch, too, but instead of paying for a number, if we're not using Skype-to-Skype, I just dial them, using Skype credit. I buy $10 at a time, and set up an alert for when I fall below $2 credit.

My first $10 literally lasted over a year, because it's something like $.02/minute to dial out. If there will be a roomful of directors, I just ask them to set up a conference call, and I dial in, just like everyone else... works perfectly and is extremely affordable. Smile

Dee doo. Dee doot doot doo dee doo.

my website
Al Moulliet
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skype for the phone patch. Great info for a forward thinker like me.
Thanks guys and gals, All this info is getting filed away.

Create your own great life
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: