VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane coming to US SE coast. Prepared?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Hurricane coming to US SE coast. Prepared? Reply with quote

The U.S. National Weather Service:
Quote:
#Florence is forecast to be a dangerous major hurricane near the southeast U.S. coast by late next week (9/13 - ?), and the risk of direct impacts continues to increase. Tropical storm force winds could arrive as early as Wednesday evening.

Hurricane preparedness is one thing, and very serious, of course. But even for weather events of lesser strength, I found having a battery back-up/uninterruptible power supply (Back-UPS) is a necessity, allowing us to safely save whatever we're working on and shut down correctly before the power is completely gone. To have the power fail while working can result in more than just the loss of the file you're working on. Trust me.

NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every piece of gear I have is plugged into its own 1500 UPS backup with surge protection. I also have a whole house surge protector as well (HIGHLY recommended). In addition to the protection from the occasional power blips,
the UPS units allow me to run normally for several hours (ISDN, Mac, Avalon, etc). The internal battery replacements for the units are also readily available and reasonably priced when they cycle out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: