VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glenn Moore Demo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

What I heard was, you actually feel you are in the accident when you watch it in front of a 52-inch etc....
donrandall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A variety of people will have a variety of reactions.

I noticed but was not alarmed, offended or dismayed in the least - - but I recognize that others, having their own individual and personal sensitivities may be turned off by things which I regard as inconsequential. Since the great object is to get work, it would seem wisest to make some adjustments.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my process on first listen:

The Car ad was grand. Didn't need to be as long is it is because Glenn is awesome in less than 10 seconds.
Then came a car crash. I thought it was a bad choice of placement--first, I'm a car dealer and now you're crashing my car.
The pickup to the Samsung TV ad sounded like a lead-out continuation:
"I just never thought I'd ever be in an accident like that... UNTIL you sit in front of a 52-inch Samsung DLP Widescreen!"
Which blended seamlessly right into .."it add a new dimension to shaving. Leaving your skin feeling refreshed...."

When it got to that point it was "clear" that the change-the-channel theme was being used.

It isn't just the car-to-car thing. You see? It was so "obvious" to me that the channels were being changed that it never crossed my mind that it could be happenstance. When you put something together like this, you need to listen to the macro as well as the micro—the color of the whole thing as well as its parts and transitions.
I know you know this. I'm not pretending to teach you anything here, you just missed it with the presentation of parts in this demo.

DeWitt says, "When you want to know what your painting looks like, ask the mailman."
In this case, we're not as far removed as the mailman is from the artist, but we are fresh ears with a frame of reference separate from the project's creation.
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WON ....I WON .....I WON........the award for the demo that produced the most DRAMA from VO-BB'ers that is!!!!! LOL

WOW! Thanks for all the comments. Very good ones too. We all have our opinions. I think Ben Wils is an awesome producer and did a killer job on this demo. The selection and order of the cuts is always important and I think Ben's was fine. I think Ad Agency, Talent Agency and Industry folks who listen to this and cast me for jobs know this is a "demo" and representation of what I can do for them. It will be interesting to see how many of those people have the same reaction that DB did. We shall see. But hey, I asked for opinions and I got them and that is good. It always helps to have different perspectives.

Thanks to Bob Souer too on helping us out with it...and I will definitely use Ben on more demos in the future. He is one of the best.
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

DeWitt says, "When you want to know what your painting looks like, ask the mailman."

DeWitt is a wise man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: