VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Jack London was a VO Talent...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: If Jack London was a VO Talent... Reply with quote

Philip Banks posted this story in another thread. I thought it was worthy of its own. Enjoy.

-------

Sennheiser the alpha male pulled himself up straight, ruffled his fur and gazed at the pack. While the cubs played at the back of the room, girls purring, boys practising their best growls the leader remained silent.

“Are you just going to stand there?” shouted Aphex an ageing male who had been pack leader in his prime.

“Thank you old friend” smiled Sennheiser. “It’s going to be a very cold winter and each winter is going to get colder, my fear is that some of the pack will not survive.”
In his pronouncement the leader kept his voice quiet, he seemed sad.

The entire Vox pack moved closer, first the females then the males.

“Ve all are having our places in ze Vox pack unt zo ve vill be ok I am thinking” shrugged Neumann his usual laissez-faire self.

“I don’t think so, dear” said Rode, her head lowered and tail down “there are so many pretenders out there now trying to get the Hirers to feed them. Only true Voxes should be fed, but the Hirers don’t know the difference between packs like ours and …….”

Shockmount leapt to his feet and bared his teeth.

“Then we must kill them all!!!” Behringer and Lawson got up and joined him. All three looked so scary that the cubs stopped playing and cowered close to their mothers.

“Enough” snapped Sennheiser. “Killing is not the answer. We need to become wiser, stronger, better and easy to recognise”.

“Would you have us wear badges or T shirts?” sneered Adobe. No one laughed. All had heard the tale of the massacre of one Vox pack. In a huge battle with the forces of Market it lost 170 out of 270 pack members.

“You’re funny” whispered Protools, “really funny. When the forces of Market track you down what will you do?”

Sennheiser walked over to where Adobe and Protools were lying. “Stand, Adobe. Answer your sister’s question.” Adobe stood and looked Sennheiser straight in the eye. “Imagine that I as one of the forces of Market have asked you why you should not perish. Why survive, Adobe? Why?” Adobe took a deep breath and growled his very best growl. Blue one of Rode’s cubs got up, stood beside Adobe and did the same. Sennheiser remained unmoved. Adobe ran out of breath.

“I growl no better than a cub Sennheiser. Do I die?” Sennheiser licked his friend’s muzzle and stroked Blue.

“No, you’re an old a dear friend. Today you live.” He paced up and down surveying the assembled Vox pack. He knew the strengths and weaknesses of every member. “Family, we must not let the forces of Market select against us. From this day forward we must determine to do more, to be better, to serve the hirers so that the pretenders will scuttle back from whence they came.” Blue was nipping at Sennheiser’s paw, very excited, there was something he needed to say. “Well, little cub?”

Blue stood to attention, lifting one paw in salute.

“Sir Mr Sennheiser Sir. We need to be the best of the best!”

Sennheiser scanned the room; his closing enquiry made some smiles grow broader and others melt away and turn to tears.

“Well Vox pack, are you?”
Travis
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent- Thanks Philip.

This was so good, I just had to try THIS!
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm delighted you found the time to bring the Vox pack to life. Thanks Travis.

As I listened I wondered about the cast were this a piece of animation. Who are you or who do you see bringing a particular character to life?

If you're shy there's no need to worry as Travis appears to have all the bases covered.

Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmokay, underwhelming response to that one.

Taking things a stage further, is there an audio drama in here somewhere? I would be fairly easy to adapt what has been written so far.
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis & Philip: What a team!

Travis that was great! Sitting here with my morning cup o' joe, I was shivering against the wind and imagining the heralded Vox Pack gathered together in a show covered clearing in the woods.

I'll add my voice if you want to keep this going!...this is FUN!

Have a great weekend all!

Liz
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banksey and Travis,

Brilliant! I'll gladly add my voice, should you wish to make more of a drama of it. (And if I'm deemed worthy to be a member of the pack.)
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Travis
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a fun project.

We would need:
(1) A Writer (Philip?)
(2) A Producer
(3) A Director
(4) A studio/engineer.
(5) Talent (I think we've got that covered here in the vo-bb forum).

I'm certainly available to work on this for talent/studio/engineer positions.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either read the original post or listen to the audio provided by Travis. Nearly 3 years later ..........time to reflect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: