VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No more Voice 123 for me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_Onefourone

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: No more Voice 123 for me. Reply with quote

This is my first post on VO-BB and I'm happy to begin by saying I recently removed my profile from Voice123. I'm not going to slag them. They offer discount VO and it's not for me. So, I've just decided that my relationship with them is over.

That being said, It's been interesting to read about some of the VO-BB users and topics. I've been in the biz for the last 10 years and I'm looking forward creating some friendships around here.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, c'mon. Give 'em a good slag. Smile Fewer bottom feeders coming there of late...at least in my profile. Could be a harbinger.

More important, welcome.
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: No more Voice 123 for me. Reply with quote

Dave_Onefourone wrote:
They offer discount VO ...

Well, let's be completely accurate. "They" don't offer anything but an automated service that pushes leads to prospective talent who pay a fee for the "opportunity."

I've had my ups and downs with the quality of the leads, but suddenly in the past couple of weeks we've had a bunch of "better" leads - leads coming from people with greater expectations and an understanding of what they are asking for.

I just did a large (fun and creative) quick turnaround project for a company in Spain (in English) - paid in advance. That one was a private lead, but another new customer off the general mass leads paid enough to take care of my listing for several years. Plus I just met another potential client face-to-face who used both a direct Internet search and a Voice123 search to find people in specific locations.

I don't audition for everything - who could? Who would want to? But as I think I have mentioned before, I consider it advertising dollars. There are some Internet Casting Services I am probably not going to renew for another year when that time comes around.

This whole concept - the automated casting approach - is brand new - people are still getting used to it and trying to make it work. I'd give it a little more time before completely dismissing it. I may change my mind if it continues to be 10 voice mail jobs for every corporate narration, but this is still the gold rush days in my opinion.

Regards, Connie
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice 123 can pay off, to be sure.
I know a numbeer of people who have ongoing VO gigs that are quite nice as a result of V123.
All the endless voicemail requests got to be a bit too much to manage, so I changed my filter to Union Only and the leads ceased.

heh.
Couple of film/TV things are rockin' and rollin' in New England, so I think I'll be concentrating on those for a while before opening the V123 floodgates again.
Bruce in PHX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Voice 123 isn't all bad Reply with quote

I've had good luck with Voice123 (financially speaking), but I must admit I cherry pick through the leads. Yes, it's depressing to see 100 people respond in two hours time over a $40 job, but I ignore those, and go for the jobs that match my talent best and have open bid rates or good rates listed. I've now gotten a number of repeat clients through Voice123.

On the other hand, I've used them as a producer a number of times to get voice talent, and I've had an unusual number of stupid problems on their part and slow resolution to those problems. But, I've also found some very good talent through them as well.

They're a mixed bag, but if you play the game right, you can make some money through them.

Bruce
chezdan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are a slew of these sites (V123) - anyone care to give a rundown (or a thumbs up/thumbs down) to some of the more popular ones?

For example:
Interactivevoices.com
Speedy spots
voiceline

any others? comments, critiques, caveat emptors?
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoiceModels.com: Got 2 gig's last year, one during the political season. Very little activity and only a small number of leads. Clients paid.

InteractiveVoices.com: I like their portal. Good resources are on the server and I like the leads I get from them. I've not scored anything significant. But, I like the facility anyway.

Voice123.com: The portal with the most functionality. As I mentioned in another thread, the number of leads appears to be smaller than several months ago.

Craigslist.org: The price is right. Actually scored a couple of jobs through the tv/film/video group. I check it a couple of times a day.

CC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: