VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st experience with Source Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VO-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: 1st experience with Source Connect Reply with quote

Well, after reading about it here and other places I decided to put it to the test on a session this evening with a studio out in California. It worked great! The session went off without a hitch. I used Dave and Digifon for the bridge. I used the "try before ya buy" to make sure everything worked out before actually buying it but sense the session more than paid for it I guess I'll actually get it now. I definitely recommend it for folks like me who can't get ISDN where they're at. Just thought I'd pass the experience along.

Russ
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ,

Good for you! And may there be many more for you in the future.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CWToo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now at the risk of showing you how naive I am, I never thought about using Source Connect and a bridge! I assumed Source Connect had to connect to another Source Connect to work. Thanks for sharing!
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it does. Source Connect to Source Connect to ISDN... that's the bridge. So, how much was the bridge fee?
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrkaiser wrote:
So, how much was the bridge fee?

Justin,

I did a bridging session using SourceConnect to Digifon to ISDN a few weeks ago. It was $50 for 30 minutes, plus line charges. Total bill for me came to well under $100. The session paid several multiples of that, so I just paid it out of my own pocket. The cost of doing business.
+1-724-613-2749
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Source-Connect plug-in (VST) support Sound Forge or is it PT only?
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Forge does not have the capability to monitor input while recording, therefore SC will not work with the software.

However, Sony Vegas, Adobe Audition 2.0, ACID Pro, Ableton Live 5, and many other products DO have the capability to use the rpodcut.

See the SC site for details.

iSpeek (my ISDN alternative) is a stand alone software prodcut, and will not need any DAW to work. It is also cross-platform: P- C-, Mac, and Linux.

Bridging will be similar to that of SC.

Toodles

Frank F
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen,

I know Russ McLamb is using the VST version SourceConnect, with Nuendo, I think. There are sample templates available from their web site for the officially supported software that will hold your hand when you're getting started.
+1-724-613-2749
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank F wrote:
Sound Forge does not have the capability to monitor input while recording, therefore SC will not work with the software.

iSpeek (my ISDN alternative) is a stand alone software prodcut, and will not need any DAW to work. It is also cross-platform: P- C-, Mac, and Linux.

Bridging will be similar to that of SC.

Thanks for the info Frank! What is the ETA of iSpeek?

bobsouer wrote:
I know Russ McLamb is using the VST version SourceConnect, with Nuendo, I think. There are sample templates available from their web site for the officially supported software that will hold your hand when you're getting started.

Thanks to you too Bob! I've thought about getting AA, (I do have Cool Edit Pro) but just don't know if I want to do that just yet. Sound Forge is working so well for me. Not that I'm against any kind of change, but you know how it is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Allenesco wrote: Thanks for the info Frank! What is the ETA of iSpeek?

With any luck, prior to VOICE 2007 in Las Vegas.

Toodles

Frank F
VO-Guy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobsouer wrote:
Allen,

Yep, it's Nuendos Cubase SX. With the VO template provided by them and about 2 minutes on the phone with there tech guy configuring my router I was up and runnin. It really was an easy setup.

I'm also interested in hearing more on ISPEEK!

Russ
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the info guys! I have been in contact with Robert at Source Elements and he told me they are working on a "stand-alone" version of Source Connect. Mac version first and PC version shortly afterwards.

I am MOST definitely interested in iSpeek Frank Smile and Source Connect, for another alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: