VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Mac/Audio Interface HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyndi
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Need Mac/Audio Interface HELP Reply with quote

Hi All

Ok.. here's my dilemma . I recently bought a MacBook Pro (ibook and imac
became obsolete and I was in denial). I have always used Sound Studio for recording ...a simple software and just purchased an upgrade for Sound Studio 3... that's not the problem . My Quattro USB Audio Interface Is the problem.

My Quattro is hooked into my Beringer as is my Shure mic... the usb from the Quattro connects to the computer and feeds the mic into the computer.

Well, it seems the OSX and the Quattro have nothing to say to each other.... not compatible it seems.

Need advice and suggestions ... can't record until I resolve this . I have
put out mega bucks for the new computer and it seems everytime I turn around there's another "oh, yeah... ya' need this new software too..."
ka-ching! (having nothing to do with audio stuff) ... Any Economical ideas?

THANX
CYNDI
richgates

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cyndi,

I hope this isn't a rudimentary question, but I didn't see anything about it in your post. Did you already grab the Universal Binary drivers for the Quattro from the M-Audio website? This is what I found:

Quattro USB

Version: 1.6.2

Release Date: September 28, 2006

Applies to:
Quattro USB

Operating System(s):
Mac OS 10.4.7, Mac OS 10.4.8

Release Notes:
- Added support for Intel-based Macintosh computers.

- Dual Binary installer for both Hobo ToungeC and Intel-Based Macintosh computers.

Those will hopefully work for you. If not there are some relatively inexpensive options you can go with to upgrade. In fact, I would recommend a Firewire solution over USB to be honest. It should provide lower latency which will help in recording. If you could provide a little more detail about the problem we can try to help more. Smile

Rich
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow-- I couldn't find this.

thank you Rich!

I saw that the Quattro had been discontinued and assumed that support was dead.
Cyndi
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, Rich!!!!!!

I didn't know what the heck you were talking about but I just followed what
you suggested and dang if it didn't work. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I'd been trying to figure this out all night (I feel so dumb it was a pretty simple fix)

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Appreciate it.

Cyndi
richgates

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime Cyndi. I'm glad it helped. Smile

I would just be prepared that you may need to upgrade hardware in the near future if you upgrade to Leopard. There's no telling if there will be significant enough changes in Leopard to where drivers will need to be updated, but I would set your expectations for that possibility.

According to the M-Audio site and what DB said, that interface has been discontinued, so I would suspect that drivers won't get updated again.
Cyndi
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rich

Yikes! Leaopard ?!!!!! I just dropped mega bucks on Tiger ! It took about 9 years to become totally obsolete w/ OS 9..... What? I'm only moment$ away from being there again?

Do you have any suggestions for what alternative I might look into if /when
your prophecy rings true.

thanx
Cyndi
richgates

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cyndi,

Well what I got was an M-Audio Firewire 410 and Pro Tools 7.3.1. The reason why I went this route was because I wanted to go Firewire for the lower latency, and Pro Tools because it is the industry standard. One other thing I considered was that ISDN is slowly being phased out by the phone companies around the U.S., and I think a software solution will eventually take over. Source Connect appears to be gaining some momentum and it allows two Pro Tools sessions to talk to each other over the Internet in much the same way ISDN does today.

I am not at a point yet where this is a necessity, but I am trying to prepare myself for that possibility without incurring a huge expense later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: