VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digi 002 Console for Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian in Charlotte
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Digi 002 Console for Sale Reply with quote

Hi folks...not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not (Dierdre...delete if needed!)

I have a pristine Digi 002 console that I purchased from Sweetwater.com and will be selling in a few weeks. This unit has only been used in my voiceover booth and still has the plastic cling on the channel strip read-out and the original box.

The unit currently sells through Zzounds for $1,975. So, if someone would like to make an offer (plus shipping) I would be happy to hear from you before I put it on eBay.

You can email me at: Brian@voiceoverforyou.com for actual pictures and to answer any questions.

Bless your day,
Brian in Charlotte
Blog: VoicePro.blogspot.com
Twitter.com/TheVoiceofBrian
Brian in Charlotte
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Digi 002 Console for Sale Reply with quote

I have a pristine Digi 002 console that I purchased from Sweetwater.com and will be selling in a few weeks. This unit has only been used in my voiceover booth and still has the plastic cling on the channel strip read-out and the original box.

The unit currently sells through Zzounds for $1,975. So, if someone would like to make an offer (plus shipping) I would be happy to hear from you before I put it on eBay.

You can email me at: Brian@voiceoverforyou.com for actual pictures and to answer any questions.

3/29/07

Not that anyone appears to care, but I did just list my Digi 002 on eBay and felt I should at least give the courtesy of that information to anyone who might read this.
Brian in Charlotte
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My unit has just been relisted on eBay at a starting bid of $1,150 plus shipping...this is a great price for a mint condition Digi 002.
Brian in Charlotte
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: eBay JACKED ME Reply with quote

Due to eBay removing my auction...I have my Digi 002 for sale again...here more from my post here:

http://www.vo-bb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3127
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth did they remove it?!

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He dared to use the term "Like New".
Apparently verboten on The Ebay.
Brian in Charlotte
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louzucaro wrote:
Why on earth did they remove it?!

DB is right...here is part of the email I received "45 minutes before auction end"

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

290102046034 - Digidesign Digi 002 Control Surface LIKE NEW, Pro Tools

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Keyword Spamming policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

In Title:...LIKE NEW

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.

Keyword spamming is the practice of placing inappropriate words in searchable text to draw attention to Web content. To ensure that members' searches produce relevant results, sellers are not permitted to put brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a listing title or description for the purpose of attracting members to a listing. Sellers can only include a brand name under certain limited conditions.

For example, sellers can't make a comparison to the functionality of a brand or celebrity name, or other item, in a listing title. However, sellers can make *one* comparison to functionality in the subtitle or description as long as the listing doesn't confuse members about who manufactured the item. (More than one comparison will cause the listing to be removed.)

In addition, the following words and phrases are generally *not* permitted in the title because they will produce unsatisfactory search results for buyers looking for particular items:
- Style
- Not
- Inspired by
- Similar to
- Better than
- As worn by
- The brand name followed by a question mark -- for example, "Chanel?"

The following are examples of text that *is* permitted under eBay policy:

- "This vacuum cleaner does a better job of cleaning ground-in dirt than Acme brand vacuum cleaners."
- "These speakers are very comparable to the quality and sound produced by JBL."
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a "stupid robot" error to me...yeah, if there's a company out there called New and you were trying to imply that your product is Like New (as in "Like New? You'll Love this Digidesign!")

That's the trouble with eBay is I don't think any actual people work there, and stuff like your completely appropriate listing gets pulled. Meanwhile, I bought a product from someone on eBay a few years back. It was described as "New" in the product listing. When it arrived, 80% of the contents of the product were missing.

EBay refused to do anything about it, since the seller told them "I never said it was complete...and the parts that WERE there were new and had never been used." This was good enough for them.

Gimme a break.

Sorry it got pulled...you can always relist it and re-word your title, right?

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: