VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vegas Journal (old thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalburger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
...While Dan hadn't widely announced the dates when James announced his, Dan's been doing his seminar in L.A. that same weekend for several years.

Dan's got Pat Fraley, Nancy Wolfson and Dick Orkin lined up to speak on VO,

B

Just to clarify a few things regarding VOICE 2008 vs Dan Oday's Summit: Penny and I have attended several of Dan's Summit's and the ones we've been to have been at the MIDDLE or END of August - not the beginning. The 2007 Summit was 8/17-18. In fact, as we were organizing VOICE 2008 we invited Dan to be a presenter - even telling him the dates we had scheduled for VOICE 2008 - and he declined our invitation for reasons other than a conflict of dates. At the time of our conversation, Dan gave us no indication that he had even decided on dates for his 2008 Summit.

I don't know when Dan booked Pat and Nancy, but we booked BOTH of them earlier this year to be at VOICE 2008. They'll be speaking on different topics than at Dan's Summit. We've also been in touch with Radio Ranch regarding an appearance by Dick Orkin. No answer on that yet, but we do know that Dick will be traveling during late summer, so that may have been a factor in Dan scheduling the dates he did.

Regardless of the reasons for the conflicting dates, you all need to know that we would never intentionally schedule VOICE at the same time as Dan's Summit. That would not only be dumb, but by doing that WE couldn't attend the Summit.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnieTerwilliger wrote:
Did you read Todd Schick's evaluation of this year's line up? Get a cup of coffee...

Assorted Rantings

/in best waiter's voice

Bitter, party of one...

now seating Bitter, party of one...

Sorry to bring this up again, but I read Mr. Schick's postings on another site. He does make some good points. Sadly they were lost on me after the first 10 seconds of reading.

Maybe it's me, but I expect more out of folks who call themselves professionals. What I got was someone who was angry and embittered.

I can get that for free... I'm from Philly. Why would I spend my time reading it?

/he's not the only one who can "call it as he sees it."

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones

Last edited by Yoda117 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bobbinbeamo
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year's rant on VOICE by the aforementioned individual was tame compared to this year's. It's hostile and judgemental for the most part.

While unfortunate that the O'Day Summit is during the same timeframe, rest assured, like last year, I will be purchasing my CD set of the Summit. VOICE is all about Voice over, last year was amazing and I am really looking forward to attending this year's soiree in August.
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in the air about some of this, but I'm pretty much there.

I usually help out my friends from an animation studio at a convention, which happens to occur during the same weekend. I spoke to them about it and in a resounding "are you crazy?" response I was told to get my butt to Los Angeles for VOICE 2008.

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to: