VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hearing loss from hot cans and monitors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: hearing loss from hot cans and monitors Reply with quote

I am a radio veteran from the 60's and 70's. There were just too many days and nights as a high energy nighttime rock jock with hot cans and screamin' monitors. Also, all those onstage appearances at concerts among the speaker towers. I have tinnitus and a hearing loss that drops beginning around 3 kHz. I try and compensate as best I can. Any suggestions on how I can be sure I am not missing something in the mix in my range of hearing loss? I listen critically with headphones first and then the monitors.

A reminder to be careful with the level in your headphones and monitors. I learned the hard way.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, the best thing you can do is just turn up the gain and let your client worry about the EQ. Most people seem to have filters for specific VO in Cool Edit these days, so it's not much of an issue any longer.

In regards to mixing, If I talk out loud while I'm mixing my voice overpowers the volume of my monitors .... I mix with extremely low volumes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: