VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First shot at imaging.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Dave! The new "tude" is spot on!!!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I liked the first one better.
The second one sounds like everyone else who's doing imaging.

Just my never-humble opinion.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I like the first one, because of the imaging demo's unique sound - radio today is generic.

The twist Dave gives with some'tude, makes the imaging voice stand out - it's strong and yet subtle. A little sweet and sour.

Dave's voice is clean and refreshing in the bulk of the audio presented. Yet is has an edge which gives solidity and strength. Dave's voice is not the "Don", yet it still has the power to sell the emotion without all the hype.

So D.B., I agree and disagree with your choice. This is why life is so-o-o-o interesting.

All of us have our opinions, and this again is why the VO-BB is so important in today's chaotic world for Voice Over Artists. The VO-BB is where we can share our voices and our thoughts, hopefully increasing our awareness of our talents and selves by sharing our views and thoughts.

Thanks D.B.!

Dave, think about getting some local opinions - outside of the radio station. This will give you a less jaded viewpoint on the imaging process and the particular brand identity "The Peak" is targeting.

Toodles

Frank F

Oh, I still prefer #2!

FF
vic44139

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I do a ton of Imaging. Here's my take. Some of the music runs are a little too long for a demo. I think your voice is perfect for the genre of your demo and christian rock. I just don't see it for hard rock. Your country one should be interesting since I don't hear your voice for that either...lol. You have a clean young guy-next-door voice, which is awesome. In the beginning to me there seems to be some confusion. I would try to sort it out. Maybe too many voice drops (the female voices) and SFX. From :04 to :23 you only said 5 words. I would still like to hear even more "Tude". Bitchin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: