VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: Mackie HUI or...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: WANTED: Mackie HUI or... Reply with quote

Just sold my C24 and now I'm looking for a Mackie HUI or another compact (no more than 8 faders) controller/mixer but IT HAS TO HAVE A JOG WHEEL for scrubbing - it's how I like to work in editing. Also it needs to work with both host-based AND TDM ProTools.

Anyone got any suggestions for another controller that meets these needs or know of any HUI's in great shape out there?

-Anthony
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony—This may give you an idea of some other Human User Interface controllers:

Quote:
Many hardware controllers (Tascam FW-1802, Mackie Control Universal, Yamaha 01X, Alesis MasterControl, SSL AWS900, etc.) implement this protocol. Similarly many types of DAW software implement the HUI(tm) protocol, making them cross-compatible with the HUI(tm)-compatible hardware controllers. While HUI is still supported on the hardware side non Digi software has moved on to more open MCU and other midi control protocols as DigiDesign has made extensive controllers with proprietary protocols that have much more rich capabilities but are part of a closed system.

http://www.mackie.com/products/HUI/

anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey did some1 delete my post/reply???
Shocked
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No deletions 'round these parts, M'sieur.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for checkin' in w/ me, deirdre - must've been the rush out of the studio today.

NEwho - I'm leaning toward the Mackie CMU. It has alot of the things my Control24 had in terms of scrubbing, zoom (vertical and horizontal), and marker buttons, etc. BUT, and it's also good possibility, I might wait for the much rumored update to Digidesign's Command|8, because some speculate it might have a scrub wheel. We'll see. But the Mackie is still in the lead - especially because I can always expand and add more faders if the need ever arises.

PEACE.
-Anthony
Edo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Mackie HUI or... Reply with quote

anthonyVO wrote:
Just sold my C24 and now I'm looking for a Mackie HUI or another compact (no more than 8 faders) controller/mixer but IT HAS TO HAVE A JOG WHEEL for scrubbing - it's how I like to work in editing. Also it needs to work with both host-based AND TDM ProTools.

Anyone got any suggestions for another controller that meets these needs or know of any HUI's in great shape out there?

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I've been using a HUI for the past 5 years now... will never part with it and it is still not obsolete even though Digidesign/Mackie and Focusrite put it together over 9 years ago to have it talk to Pro Tools.

I happened to see some HUI's on eBay recently, selling for around five to sixhundred US, seems a fair price. If you run into one, I can provide the neccesary manuals, both the user and the service one. I even got hold of some test routines to check its internal funcionality.

Oops... just found new ones for $800...
http://www.musiciansnews.com/mastering/51/mackie_hui_universal_daw_controller.shtml

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: