VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soundcards, Sony Vegas, and Audacity (oh my!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imaginator
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Soundcards, Sony Vegas, and Audacity (oh my!) Reply with quote

...okay, it doesn't have the rhythm of 'lions and tigers and bears', but they're the elements of a tech mystery i'm faced with. anyone able to shed light?

main workhorse computer (win98) began dying of old age. wonderful lynx one soundcard will get transplanted to whatever the replacement is. meanwhile, have tried to transfer everything possible over to an xp machine i'd only used for video editing with vegas till now. it came with an audigy2 soundblaster card. nothing fancy, but seemed to sound okay for what i was doing.

old computer's audio editing system was cooledit pro so old i was never able to run it on the newer xp machine. now vegas suddenly refuses to let anything run, saying the audigy2 won't support the requested sound files, even though it's worked fine with everything from mp3 to wav for years.

in desperation, i downloaded the audacity freeware to do basic auditioning and editing, and it works fine. but vegas still refuses to play. i've checked the settings on the sound card...even dumbed down the settings to experiment...no change.

anyone have a clue as to what i'm up against here?

enlightenment would be appreciated, and direct email or private messaging would be fine if you don't want to take up board space for this.
Rowell Gormon's Clogged Blog - http://voices2go.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: