VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me, Geeks... quick!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Help me, Geeks... quick! Reply with quote

So, I'm being considered for a little narration job (1500 words) but they have a few questions before they make their final decision. I'm stumped by this one:

"Can you make available the recordings (22kHz/16bit) by FTP (preferred), or YouSendIt.com?"

Ok, I can send this thru my Online File Folder... no problem. I'm stumped by the 22kHz/16bit question. I've looked in ProTools, and I see where I can choose 16 bit when starting a new session/track, but no where do I see an option, either there or when I do CTRL-SHIFT-K after a track is recorded, for 22kHz for the file types WAV, AIFF or SD II.

This must be possible, right? Please tell me how!

THANKS!!!

PS: You guys are always so helpful, and I'm really sorry you have to deal with a dumb blonde like me. I really really appreciate your help!

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
Jeffrey Kafer
Assistant Zookeeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pro Tools won't do it, and I'm sure it will, then you can download almost any free editor like Audacity and do it.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you set up your session PT asks for details... such as .aiff, SD II, .wav, 16, 24 bit, and 44,1 kHz, 48 kHz, and even 22050 kHz...

That's all there is to it...

F2
bobbinbeamo
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caryn,
There are plenty of inexpensive programs that will convert this for you, as has been stated above. You can use Yousendit.com for free to send anything 100MB or less.

Many of my files are larger and I upload several at a time, so I use drivehq.com. It's a minimal amount of $ for up to 1 G of space. Muy convenient.
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Yah, I see the whole thing where you can change the bit and the kHz... but in the dropdown for the kHz, the lowest is 44.1kHz.

HOWEVER, I told them this, and they're fine with 44.1kHz. Now let's hope they give me the A-OK.

It's a phone patch session (with my handy dandy headset) so now, of course, I'm stressing out that the stupid message I posted about before will pop up without my noticing and stop the recording. I'm just going to have to keep my eye out while talking to them, and reading.

That is... if they select me.

I really like ISDN sessions the best!

PS: Bob Souer and Frank..... thank you so much for your phone calls. And Bob, thanks for spending time with me on the phone this morning. You have a way of explaining things that I really understand!! THANK YOU! Frank, I will call you later... I think it's too early where you are!

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caryn,

The very best to you. And I hope you get the work.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: