VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rode podcaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Rode podcaster Reply with quote

I read through the gear discussions and saw this mic mentioned a few times. Has anybody here used one long enough to form a good/bad opinion of it? We'd be using it with a female voice mostly, male occasionally.

thx.

cc

P.s. I remember seeing someone mention somewhere here that their wife uses it on the road, but darned if I couldn't find that thread again. sorry for duplication...
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodepocaster.com

That's a nice dynamic usb mic solution. The best I've heard so far (not that I've heard too many).

Speaking of dynamic mics, I just replaced my Sennheiser MD421 mkII with the Heil PR40. I use dynamics for remote recording on the road or occasionally at a client's place and for VOGs and other public situations. I've also done a few podcast intros lately and the Heil PR40 puts my voice in that world in a very flattering way. EV and Shure dynamics are nice too but the Heil suits my voice better. There's no right mic for every voice (okay, maybe there are a few). Wink

Also, for things that I know are going to end up at low resolution only, a high quality dynamic can work out better than a high quality condenser. I emphasize "can" because that obviously isn't always the case.
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lance,

Useful comments, thanks!

Yes, there may be some "road" work for the "rode" and wondered how good this is... I see it's available through Amazon at deep discounts; wondering if I should try that or make Sweetwater happy... Wink

cc
ccpetersen
With a Side of Awesome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a followup -- I went up to Guitar Center near where I live and they had one of these babies on display. They let me take it out and handle it. Before I could stop myself, I said to the guy (who was probably 25 and had more earrings and piercings than I own), "This thing feels like a dildo!"

Didn't THAT raise a few eyebrows.... Wink

Nice mic though and looks like it could stand up to travel, too.

Our studio has Sennheisers which are not so road-worthy, but that's okay. They don't need to travel...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: