VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows On A Mac And Pro Tools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Windows On A Mac And Pro Tools Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post a solution to an issue that plagued me for more than a week or so. Also I had contacted a few folks from this board with questions on this issue as well. So I wanted to report the final solution that is now working for me.

I have some programs that I like to do intensive audio production with on the PC side of things. However, I have Mac computers and got sick of having both the Mac tower and the PC in my studio. I decided to purchase VM Ware Fusion for $80 to run a version of Windows XP Home that I also bought (since the version on my PC was attached to the PC and could not be reloaded elsewhere). Anyway, I loaded Fusion on the Mac and Windows XP and set up the virtual PC and was able to get Windows running...no problems. I know it sounds like a highly technical thing and way over my head too....but it was pretty easy.

Here is the problem though, I had Windows working with no issues other than I was not getting any audio on the Windows side of things. So to make a long story short, Pro Tools on the Mac side was keeping the audio from working on the PC side. Yeah, I know....Pro Tools hates PC's I guess.

Anyway....the solution for me was:

-Go into the main hard-drive on the Mac and click into the Library folder
-Go into these folders from there Audio...Plug-Ins....and into the HAL folder.
-Inside the HAL folder are your audio plug-ins for the Mac.
-Pull the DigiDesign Core Audio plug-in out of the HAL folder and just place it two levels out in the Audio folder.

The audio in Windows now works for me with no issues and recording in Pro Tools works with no issues on the Mac side even though I moved the Core Audio plug-in.

If you happen to know of any issues I may encounter because I moved the Core Audio plug, please let me know.

Hope this helps anyone using a Mac that also runs Pro Tools and wants to load VM Ware Fusion to run Windows.

I'll also mention that I contacted VM Ware Fusion for tech support via email since this is the only avenue of communication they offer. This was three weeks or more ago and I have not received a call or email. So beware before venturing down the Fusion path.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: