VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Driving a TLM 103 and getting (even) more confused!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yoda,

Can we hear a sample of your work? I have never heard your voice and I am interested to hear how you sound on all the gear you have. I think we could all gleen some insight from hearing what various equipment can do for the sound quality of a recording.

Maybe you could create a separate post and throw out some samples of you on all the cool mics and pre-amps and processors that you have? I know my inquiring mind/ears want to hear/know.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rellis wrote:
Quote:
If you have to use the pre to get to the EQ and compressor, then your device was poorly designed. There should be a bypass.

There is a "process bypass" button on the front...

We have a winner!!!

As for the request for clips. Sadly, the nature of most of what I'm a VO talent for does not permit me to post most clips of the type of VO that I do (it's a looong story, and I'll be happy to talk about it over drinks at VOICE 2008). Those industrial customers can be rather pesky when it comes to confidentiality.

HOWEVER... let me toss you a link here for some commercial stuff http://audio.secure14.com/download/p/1277613/gregoryhouser_84.mp3

Give me about four weeks and I'll have a lot more. Finishing room acoustics and racking gear ATM (also, the clips will be in a format better suited for examination... I hate using mp3).

Blog - A man, a martini, and a lot of microphones
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg, you're reminding me of greenlee (where IS he?)--homeland security and all that Wink
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane what can I say?

Some customers are more private than others.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink no worries
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*moves around furtively*

BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. You sound nothing like I imagined. Thought you had some sort of booming voice or something. Nice work.

This may help people help you in selecting your logo. Maybe I was the only one never to have heard you. My apologies.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Yoda117
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenWils wrote:
Interesting. You sound nothing like I imagined. Thought you had some sort of booming voice or something. Nice work.

LOL!

Actually, I'm doing a trailer next week and using my Horch in a different mode. With my current range, and what I know about the frequency response of the Horch in cardoid mode, the sound will sound NOTHING like what you just heard.

I've learned that a good knowledge of the gear can help your versatility as a VO talent, but ultimately it's the talent itself that determines the interpretation of the copy. In this case, we wanted a young "everyman" since there aren't a lot of them in my primary markets.

Seems to be paying off so far... thanks for the compliment Laugh

No worries about not recognizing the voice... I seem to naturally keep an unusually low profile aside from my postings. I had someone chatting with me this weekend about a commercial spot I did for something at Anime Boston and they never realized it was me (the folks with me were cracking up... Adam from Funimation is especially bad at keeping a straight face) Wink

On the flip side, I got tons of kudos for my work in "Gilgamesh", which I was never in Rolls Eyes (another funny look when I told them they had me confused with Brandon Potter... I think).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: