VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programmable Mice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Programmable Mice Reply with quote

No, this thread isn't about the movie "Willard" but the Computer accessory.

I have a Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse which allows you to program some of
the buttons with whatever command you choose. I'm going to try and program it with a few of
the ProTools commands. I can't believe I didn't think about this sooner.
Has anyone tried this yet? I can think of several time saving steps that
would be very useful if this works out as I hope it will.
CWToo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Programmable Mice Reply with quote

marko wrote:
Has anyone tried this yet? I can think of several time saving steps that
would be very useful if this works out as I hope it will.

Boy howdy! I like shift-enter to extend the current selection to the beginning. Control-shift-enter to extend the current selection to the end. Handy has hell for editing voice tracks.
marko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWToo,

I tried it tonight and it worked GREAT! I programmed the zoom tool and the consolidate
selection commands into it and what a timesaver. I'm going to experiment more with it.
kitstern
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Wacom Graphire 3 Pen Tablet Reply with quote

I had two long medical narrations to do last week, and they required a lot of editing. My wrist was really bothering me, and I happened to read an article in November's Sound On Sound about pointing devices for the PC musician. One of the devices mentioned was a Wacom Graphire 3 pen tablet. It uses a pressure-sensitive stylus and a tablet that plugs into a USB port. Tablets are usually used by graphic artists, but they supposedly work well for all applications, especially if you suffer from repetitive stress syndrome.

My studio is undergoing a major upgrade next week, and I had to buy a new mouse anyway so I ordered the 5x4 version of the Wacom tablet. I'll let you know how it works for us VO folks.

http://www.kitziestern.com/
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wacom Graphire 3 Pen Tablet Reply with quote

kitstern wrote:
I ordered the 5x4 version of the Wacom tablet. I'll let you know how it works for us VO folks.

I've been using a tablet for quite a few years now. It's fast, comfortable and easy to use for audio editing. Certainly with DP4 on a Mac.

The next step up would be one of these:

http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm

Maiku

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
kitstern
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed this and it's great for editing waveforms, very precise. It's taking a bit to get used to, I'm using the mouse and the pen at the moment.

http://www.kitziestern.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: