VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to talk myself into making the phone calls. I can act in front of a large audience and it's fine but the idea of making a phone call caused me much angst. So I started by phoning a producer I had met during a workshop. At the time of the workshop I asked this producer if he was accepting new talent, and could I send him my demo? He said yes. I sent the demo out the next morning. Two weeks later I phoned him and mentioned our connection again. Then I said, I'll be honest with you, this is one of those follow up calls that I know I'm supposed to make as part of good marketing techniques. You know the one, I'm just checking to make sure that you received my demo.

The producer laughed and then asked how things were going. I was able to tell him about a new project I was working on. He said he'd definitely keep me in mind. This call broke the ice for me and the next calls were easier.
bobbinbeamo
M&M

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's gold here.
And if decide you want to perform voice work for free, fine, what you'll have is a hobby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: