VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Souer in New York City this weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Bob Souer in New York City this weekend Reply with quote

There will be lots more posts and photos to come, but I've just had a truly delightful dinner and visit with Melissa Exelberth and Patrick O'Connor. We ate at a place not far from Patrick's home in Manhattan.

Saturday and Sunday Melissa, Anthony, Mary (of MCM fame) and several other voiceover folk will be studying with Marice Tobias here in New York. As you can see, I do have my camera with me and more photos will be posted as I have opportunity.

Oh, Patrick pulled out the old chestnut: How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice!
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool!
Too bad I'm in DC!

L.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more photos from our time in New York. Among the friends I was very pleased to see again this weekend was Rick Party, founder of the Voiceover Universe. He was sitting next to Melissa Exelberth for much of the day.

And then we got a shot of the four of us VO-BB members in attendance as the first of our 2 days was winding down.

Mary McKitrick, Anthony Mendez, me and Melissa Exelberth. Notice how Anthony just towers over me here. He's giant of a talent and the coolest dude in the room, no question. Meeting Mary in person and seeing Anthony and Melissa again (as well as several other friends) and making new friends has been one of the highlights of this trip.

I'll post more after tomorrow wraps up. But, because of my travel and work schedule between Sunday evening and Monday, it may be a day or so before I can get all of the updates done.
+1-724-613-2749
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rognog
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't make it, Bob. I'll be sure to see you the next time you're in the neighborhood!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

I'm sorry I missed you, too; but I'm sure I'll be back up there again in the next year. I have a bunch of photos from our second day of the workshop, but it will be a few hours before I can transfer them from my camera to my computer and cleaned up for publishing. Look for them before midnight tonight.
+1-724-613-2749
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are the promised photos from the Sunday dinner. Needless to say, Rick Party was the center of much of the attention.

That's Trish Basanyi on the left and Diane Havens on the right with Rick. Then Erik Sheppard and I had a photo done together.

All three ladies surrounded me.

From left to right: Melissa, Diane, me and Trish.

And a group photo was shot just before we all headed our separate ways.

My thanks to Melissa, Diane, Trish and Erik, all of whom helped me feel so welcome in New York. Of course, Patrick O'Connor helped quite a bit with our Friday evening dinner with him and Melissa, too; as documented earlier in this thread. I look forward to meeting even more of our New York friends the next time I get to the Big Apple.

And I'll close by mentioning what a great joy it was to spend some time with Rick Party. He's a really classy guy. Humble, tremendously talented, someone you just enjoy spending time with. If you get a chance to get to know him, take it.
+1-724-613-2749
Chrissy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Thanks for the photos. It's so great to see all of these smiling VO faces. Glad you had a wonderful time in NYC.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, that Bob Souer is so incredibly cute.
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding.

I'm tellin ya - between Bob, Anthony and Rick - us ladies were surrounded by cute, cool and class.
Diane Havens
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an absolute pleasure to be together with such an illustrious group of pros! (Warm, witty and wonderful as well!)

Veni, Vidi, Voci
http://www.dianehavens.com
voicy1stef
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, how exciting. I love looking at all these piccies. Can't wait for the next batch!
Wink

British-American voice artist based in England for the past umpteen years. I say, has it really been that long!

http://www.stefsvoice4u.co.uk
Podcast: Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories, on iTunes, Spotify etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: