VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new Mac audio editor, Wiretap Studio... and a poll

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your Mac audio editor of choice?
Pro Tools 6.x
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Pro Tools 7.x
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Bias Peak
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Sound Studio
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Twisted Wave
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Garageband
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Soundbooth
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Soundtrack Pro
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Logic
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Amadeus Pro
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: A new Mac audio editor, Wiretap Studio... and a poll Reply with quote

WireTap Studio is in its infancy at version 1.0.9, but already it's got some great potential, and is already quite useable for recording and edition a simple VO track. I discovered it while taking a tour of the latest MacHeist bundle.
If you buy it in the next few days, you get WireTap Studio, a $69 application, for $39, and a SLEW of other applications as well.
After playing with it for only 15 minutes, I can say it is a very well designed application and is highly intuitive to use. It can record ANY source, including audio output from applications such as Skype, Firefox, or anything that creates sound. It also can record from two sources simultaneously.
Another innovative feature is the ability to preview in real-time any file format and audio codec settings so you know what the final product will sound like without needing to export and playback to test. It's 100% non-destructive so your original uncompressed audio is always intact.
This thing even has a built in recording timer, and built in support for FTP servers so you can send your finished file directly to the client!
Definitely worth a demo!
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use WireTap Pro (WireTap Studio's predecessor) on occasion, but only for quick recording of anything coming off the computer. I was not aware of any real editing capabilities.

-edit-

Just checked the website and noticed that the editing seems to have been one of the features added for WireTap Studio. And if you need just recording capabilities without the extras of Studio, you can still download and use the Pro version for free.
Jeffers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Wire Tap about a year ago to record an interview off of internet radio station. AWESOME and easy!!! Also it could be setup with a timer to record for an hour! ( I think it had a timer!!) Way Cool!!!

Jeffers
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My audio editor isn't on your list. It's Audio Desk, the software that comes with MOTU products. I have a MOTU 828MkII. It's fairly ProTools like, and has worked well.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to trim several off that list because I could only list so many before I get an error. That is one I didn't know about, though! Another one is Traktion from Mackie, and there are Pro Tools 6.x users out there still (most stable version IMHO), Reaper (a full featured multitrack recorder/editor), as well as a few others...
EDIT
OH YEAH, how could I forget AUDACITY??
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder

Last edited by georgethetech on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dscott
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: another editor Reply with quote

I also use audacity... FREE! 8^)

Audacity runs on mac, pc, linux. has some good filters and even does multitrack.

Cheers,

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: