VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New AKG c2000b mic for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: New AKG c2000b mic for sale Reply with quote

Talk about rip-offs from your neighborhood retailers, a hypnotherapist acquaintance of mine needed a new microphone for recording her sessions for take-home CD's she gives to clients. She went to a local guitar center (which shall be unamed), and the sales clerk at this guitar center convinced her she needed an AKG c2000b for $299! One, it's much more mic than she needs, and two, it lists for $199 all over the country. She went back to this guitar center and they're refusing to take it back. She's promised to seek my advice in the future.

It sure proves once again, you have to either study up on your needs before going to a guitar center, or bring an expert with you. Or just avoid guitar centers, whoever owns them, all together.

By the way, it's a very nice studio mic. As it's a cardiod mic she found it picks up every little noise, which she doesn't want for her therapy sessions, so she wants to sell it for whatever the market can pay.

I found these reviews:
http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--AKGC2000BH100

Interested? Please email.

Bruce
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already have one so don't need another one.
I can attest to this mic, though:
Very easy mic to work with - decent flat response (so very little if any EQ'g needed to cut through mix). Good compromise for singing and the spoken word (if you do both and hate to change mics all the time).

Mine was dropped and still works great. I use it for auditions and nightclub promos (and used to use it for hip-hop vocals back in my music engineering days).

Good bang for the buck AND a great first condensor for a newbie as well.

-Anthony
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, I'm sorry your friend had a bad experience at Guitar Center. Retailers need us at least as much as we need them - and they danged well ought to keep that in mind.

As much as I prefer to do business with locally owned businesses when I can, there are times when a smaller shop that I really like just doesn't have what I need or want sometimes - and off to Guitar Center I go. I have no complaints, in fact they have always been very good to me.
billelder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, it's at A Guitar Center not THE Guitar Center. The Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend and both have a great reputation.

Sorry for your trouble. The internet is a great resource to check prices and find a reasonable deals. In another post, a fellow VO-bb poster had a salesman try to oversell. Asking questions here or reading user comments and web sites that deal with your interests is always good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: