VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member Bettye Zoller and Backstage Article and News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bettye Zoller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: New Member Bettye Zoller and Backstage Article and News Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I scanned the list of members here today and already know many of you. I just joined this group and it looks fabulous. I see that Anthony Mendez is on this group. Like Anthony, I too was one of the subjects of an excellent interview article just published on self-promotional ideas for voiceover talents in the Oct 20-26 issue of Backstage West newspaper (p. 14-A). Read it online on site, www.backstage.com. And you have many pros on this group (like me) and I'm looking forward so much to being a member.

I live and work out of Dallas, Texas. I maintain a good digital audio studio and voice projects worldwide. I'm a pro audio engineer (I got my training at major production houses in the US and was Creative Commercial Director of the legendary TM Productions Inc. here in the 1980s and early 1990s. This is my 28th year as a voiceover pro and jingle singer too although the jingle thing is sort of "passe." Mostly, I work as an audio producer and vo gal and I'm a voiceover and actor's coach and do some work with accent elim and acquisition with clients too. I'm the author of the audio, Commercial$peak, written in 2002, with Foreword by Hollywood Radio Ranch great, Dick Orkin and six or so other pros. It's a goldmine of info. It's worldwide now and it's fun to still get emails and calls from that audio. I have eleven other audio titles published, one by Simon and Schuster, "Speaking Effective English" with Foreword by TV-Film pro, Edward Asner.

I'm pretty well known as a coach in the U.S. and it pleases me to say that students of mine are working on national TV and radio all over the U.S. now and of course many are free-lance vo people but seems I've launched many careers and that's a good feeling.

I teach seminars and workshops in various Texas cities regularly year-round and always love invitations to hold workshops outside of Texas so invite me!!

I am involved in many organizations and activities including AFTRA and SAG work and Assoc. of Women in Communications and Women in Film. My husband and I are "empty-nesters" with three sons and their families in NYC working professionally as a film TV critic and filmaker, an audio engineer, and a web designer. We have two grandchildren and a new baby is due in January. I'll be in NYC working in late-Jan and see that new baby I hope!

I'll be in Panama and other Central American Countries in late Nov and early December on a combination vacation and author tour.

This is getting to be a long "hello" so will close.
My best to all of you and I look forward to being a group member.
Sincerely,
javascript:emoticon('Laugh')
Very Happy
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helloooooo Bettye. How the hell are ya!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bettye,

Welcome, welcome! :lol:

I have read your posts on another board, but never knew you worked for TM Productions. Although, according to your post here you were employed for them a short time after "Tomorrow Radio" was produced and distributed, somehow I'm certain you're aware of it. When it came out (I believe it was 1978 - maybe '77), I was a radio Program Director. We used TM's jingles there (can't remember now which package), so a copy of "Tomorrow Radio" was, naturally, sent to the station. I was so impressed with this particular marketing tool and the time and effort that went into producing it, I called Dallas and asked if I may have a copy of my own. TM complied. They sent me the fully produced version - collectors jacket and all for my very own. I treasure this piece to this day.

However, and I'll get to my point now, careful as I was through several moves over the years, my vinyl copy has a bit of warpage and I'm wondering if a CD version of the package might be available and, if so, where I might find a copy. Any suggestions would be welcome here.

I'm taking a shot here... hope you can help. And, welcome to this board.

Thanks in advance.
Wes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have you aboard Bettye, I know you'll visit often.
We still need to get together for a marketing 'meeting of the minds' Smile
Bettye Zoller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc wrote:
Bettye,
Welcome, welcome! :lol:

I have read your posts on another board, but never knew you worked for TM Productions. Although, according to your post here you were employed for them a short time after "Tomorrow Radio" was produced and distributed, somehow I'm certain you're aware of it. When it came out (I believe it was 1978 - maybe '77), I was a radio Program Director. We used TM's jingles there (can't remember now which package), so a copy of "Tomorrow Radio" was, naturally, sent to the station. I was so impressed with this particular marketing tool and the time and effort that went into producing it, I called Dallas and asked if I may have a copy of my own. TM complied. They sent me the fully produced version - collectors jacket and all for my very own. I treasure this piece to this day.

However, and I'll get to my point now, careful as I was through several moves over the years, my vinyl copy has a bit of warpage and I'm wondering if a CD version of the package might be available and, if so, where I might find a copy. Any suggestions would be welcome here.

I'm taking a shot here... hope you can help. And, welcome to this board.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and thank you for your warm welcome. I worked for TM as Commercial Creative Director from 1986 to 1993. Before that, I worked often as a lyricist or producer for Tom Merriman and others there and finally they discovered how to save bucks by making me full time. The first four months I worked there full time, everybody yelled at me on the phone. Productions were late, people were really unhappy with TM. I straightened it all out. Finally , the biz got ok and I fixed the customer service problems. Next, they told me I could hire an assistant. Oh yeah. Then, the assistant I chose and trained TOOK MY JOB for over forty thousand a year LESS than they were paying me. Oh yeah. Oh yeah. Bummer story.

So then it took me almost two years to get a freelance career going again. Never do that, give up your freelance stuff to work for a corp that doesn't appreciate you and can can you on a dime.

Sage advice. Freelance rocks.

Hello to you dear Doc. And for those of you who don't know this on this board, DOC IS A LEGEND IN THIS BUSINESS.

Hugs dearjavascript:emoticon('Laugh')
Very Happy
Bettye Zoller in Dallas
Bettye Zoller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
Great to have you aboard Bettye, I know you'll visit often.
We still need to get together for a marketing 'meeting of the minds' Smile

wES. So good to hear from you. I want to talk to you privately about some things I'm doing in Kansas City. I am a graduate of UMKC and being honored there at their 100th anniversary next Spring. I want to meet with you then and also let's talk by phone. Email me please so we can talk about some things.
And to this board: Here's a pro you can turn to. Wes is so experienced. Use his knowledge to help you. He's a respected pro!!
Bettye Zoller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: