VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello From Ross Douglas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ross douglas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello one and all.
I just joined this week.
I live in Point Roberts, Washington -a 5 square mile bit of land cut off from the rest of the state and country by Canada. A mini Alaska if you will. I cross the border nearly every day as I work in both countries. (When I do work in Seattle I actually cross the border 4 times.)
My website is www.rossdouglas.com

I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to
exchange a few words.

Cheers

Ross Douglas
Bettye Zoller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Hello to new member Ross Reply with quote

Visited your site today. I'm new too. Member only several days. Good group. Tell me about the voiceover climate, work, in Seattle. I have one friend, a jingle composer and filmscore composer, who moved there. And I hear there is work there in jingles and voiceovers too. I visited there once for a convention and fell in love with the city. Gorgeous. And your email was fascinating. Wow. Where you live must be great. You have a good website. Mine is
www.voicesvoices.com
More later
Bettye Zoller Seitz
ross douglas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scene in Seattle these days is erratic. Sometimes cooking sometimes very slow. but there are a lot of possobilities there. I've done a fair bit for Microsoft and other game developers over the years and do get the usual narration a spot work. but it can be streaky.
It's a great town. I grew up in Vancouver,B.C. and I feel that Seattle is the place Vancouver could have been. The music and arts scene is so much more happening in Seattle. It just feels like a happening place. But there are so many people I know in Seattle who feel just the opposite. They love Vancouver and think Seattle is lame-so go figure.
As to my website - it's a work in progress a bit over weight for my liking but I do get work from the demos.
I'll check yous out as soon as i'm finished here.

All the best

Ross Douglas
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross! You're livin' in a place I know extremely well!! I grew up in Ladner (don't laugh or make any sudden movements!! :wink: ) and have spent many an hour walking back and forth from the racket club in Boundry Bay to Clarke's in Pt. Roberts (we used to have a summer place one block from the beach in Boundry Bay, by the boat ramp)... Is Clarke's still there, or has it been closed down again, only to re-appear in a couple of years under new ownership?

I'm currently living in Calgary, but all of my family is still in Ladner and the surrounding areas... I'm actually going to be in town Tuesday to Thursday, hosting a conference for one of my clients.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts and sharing with you... WELCOME!

Cheers,
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ross. Listened to you demo, sounded good. Enjoy the forum. Lots of talented good people here. Have fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ross douglas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: response to brian forrester Reply with quote

As to the goings on in Point Roberts. Clarks is no more. But in the last year and a half there's been a big real estate boom followed by much building. The Point was discovered thanks in part to an article in the National Geographic entitled "Almost Canada almost heaven". That sparked the interest of many who decided to buy their piece of idyll. Then of course many of them realized that there are many inconveniences attached to living here. So after cutting down trees and complaining they couldn't get what they had in California quite a few left, leaving in their wake a very inflated real estate market. Things got so crazy that there is now a water permit moratorium,so building has slowed.
It's still a great place to live but I do hope it settles down. The greed was palpable.

Cheers,

Ross
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What-- no broadband in the woods!?!?

The same kind of thing has been happening here in the tiny burgs above Boston, but there has been enough time to institute exceedingly strict zoning laws.

In most little towns, anyway. The ones that didn't want to "tell folks how to use their land" are now outnumbered in their own towns and are the minority at Town Meeting. So now "the people from away" are telling THEM how to use THEIR land-- the stuff that's been in their family for generations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: