VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My plight OT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: My plight OT Reply with quote

I do not eat properly or regularly and I want my condition recognised - Cannotbebotheredorexia IS real! What makes my plight worse is that the chemicals in my body designed to tell my brain "HUNGRY" do not work, seriously. Ask Elisa Caņas how many times she has snapped at me "PHILIP! You NEED to eat something!"
A Cannotbebotheredorexic simply can't be bothered to make a well balanced, healthy, nutritious meal for one BUT will cater for a guest or guests to standards worthy of a 3 Michelin Star Chef. As a guest himself or if he had "staff" he would politely eat anything put in front of him. Left to his own devices he can be found standing in front of the open fridge randomly grabbing 3 or 4 things and will then shrug "F*** it! That'll do!"
A couple of years ago I did a lunch for about 20 or so #voiceover people in a lovely restaurant in Los Angeles. Catering was FABBY! I waxed lyrical on ways to make a living doing voice over work whilst m'lovely colleagues enjoyed the feast. They weren't listening but kindly gave the impression they were.
Post luncheon three of the girls got into a huddle and chatted.
"Did you see Philip eat anything?" asked Larissa. Heads shook and I was glared at in a disapproving way. Team LA nutrition briefed Diana Birdsall to drag me by the ear to another restaurant once I had said goodbye to our guests, strap me to a chair and refuse to let me leave until I had eaten something. I had steak and salad with a glass of red wine. When Diana smiled I knew it was safe to stop eating.
Here's my thought. If there was an Indian person (it's the cuisine), with cooking skills looking for free lodgings and a pay check in Portgordon in return for catering duties ..I'd be HEALED!
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: My plight OT Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
the chemicals in my body designed to tell my brain "HUNGRY" do not work

If you ever have that made into a vaccine, I volunteer for the clinical trials.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there was an Indian person (it's the cuisine), with cooking skills looking for free lodgings and a pay check in Portgordon in return for catering duties ..I'd be HEALED!

Is there an HB1 Visa for that over there?
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get to NYC we're going here. http://www.benaresnyc.com/

I go to the Tribeca one, but we can try Midtown if you'd like. Fabby. But you need to keep yourself alive to get here.
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melissa eX wrote:
Is there an HB1 Visa for that over there?
The UK has no shortage of Indian cooks. There is absolutely no need to import any more. To save on the bureaucracy, many years ago we just absorbed them all into The Empire (which then changed its name by deed poll to "The Commonwealth"). The outlay may actually be about thruppence ha'penny for a local bus.... and that could probably be written off as a legitimate medical expense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: