VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone heard of Alan Parker?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnbailey
Contributor II

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone heard of Alan Parker? Reply with quote

I received an e-mail offer from Alan Parker Films Production Inc. Sounds interesting, but...unique. Anyone heard of this guy?
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a well-documented scam. He's contacted many, many, VOs. I actually responded just to see if he would pretend to be THE Alan Parker (he didn't).
SteveToner
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You too, huh?

It's a scam. First of all, it's not THE Alan Parker (http://alanparker.com/), who has pretty much retired from filmmaking.

If you respond, you'll get an email that includes the following:

Quote:
I really feel I need some assistance at this time that's why I need someone who can work with me hand in hand throughout the production period. We are presently working on a short film which I'm directing the production aspect, although work hasn't commenced and we should start working on the film in next 3 weeks.

As the voice over, You will assists the film director by establishing the visual look of the movie. As a voice over, you'll help tell the story through the artistic and technical decisions you make regarding lighting, film stock, shot selection, camera operation and other elements.

It looks like he ran out of Assistant Directors (or whatever title is appropriate for that description) and just substituted voice over for AD...

But wait, there's more!

Quote:
I have decided to offer you a probationary offer. Here i want to see how you would demonstrate your skills and how exceptional you are and how efficient and on time you will be. I will need you to perform a couple of tasks for me during this coming week, which are part of basic duties you will be performing before the project fully start and if i am impressed and convinced that you are right for the job, I will be setting up a meeting with you once am done with this shooting am presently working on. Successful completion of the trial period qualifies you for an interview and Temporary weekly wage for the trial period will be Eight Hundred Fifty Dollars/weekly and full employment details and permanent salary package + bonuses will be discussed in our meetings.

If the above work with you, I will take all necessary step and make my financial adviser have payment for these purchases and tasks, mailed to you. The trial period runs for a week or two.

Permanent salary package for a VO???

Avoid.
johnbailey
Contributor II

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought. Had "scam" written all over it. Thanks.
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed his email was alenparkerfilms...etc. Alen Parker.

At least in the Email this scammer sent me. I replied, hoping that maybe there was an unfortunate chap named Alen Parker who had a small film company.

The email was undeliverable!
Travis
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine started out as a phone TEXT message. Minimal details, asked for my email address and resume, which I sent the following day. Looked kinda' legit at first - Same scam email, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: