VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evox?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Evox? Reply with quote

Hi All -

Did anyone else get the Evox email? Here's mine:

Hello Katrina Rosati,

we want your voice!

eVox produces announcements for computer applications or phones for clients throughout the world.
Please visit our website voices.evox.biz for more information and application.

Thank you and looking forward working with you

your eVox team

When you go to the website and look at the terms and conditions, they reserve the right to use your data as marketing info!

Also, they want your bank account details.... don't think I would give someone I don't know those.

The concept is you log in and grab a job faster than anyone else.

I'm a bit leery of this one.

What do you think?
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a rip-off to me. They're based in Germany which I guessed from their poor English spelling and grammar. They didn't mention rates of pay and their solicitation page for clients isn't up yet. The cheese-factor here makes Voice12345678 look positively golden.

Bruce
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it too but I can't register even if I want to - they don't list Canada as one of their countries!

I didn't notice the part about the banking information - I would assume you could use PayPal though.

But, like you, I am a bit leery. They don't talk at all about remuneration except this: "Amongst other things it became very clear how important it will be to have an excellent partnership with the speakers and that they are paid as highly as possible."

It is also not clear to me whether, if you do sign up, you can opt out whenever you want.
SheSpeaksCopy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!
My Marketometer is detecting massive amounts of poor quality jobs radiating from this one!

Stay away from any business that their marketing platform includes a "feeding frenzy" effect to see which person can get to the "kibble" quality job first. I see this a lot and it is an effective way to get masses of people in a data base who either:

1. Haven't developed their skills sufficiently to compete in a larger market.
    2. Don't know the value of the skills they possess. Or,
    3. Are willing to work for almost nothing just for the sake of getting the job.

Now, would you consider yourself one (or more) of the three examples listed above? (The optimum answer would be a resounding NO.)

This kind of website is in EVERY major business industry. It's particularly rampant for professions that have a large number of freelancers. I've seen this in companies who do mail order advertising, national media and now the internet. The medium used may change but, the mentality behind the business is still the same. They want to pay the least and tempt you mightily to see if you bite on their offer. You have to decide if you want to live on canned tuna or seafood, hamburger or fillet mingon. You really do have a choice.

:idea: Trained animals work for kibble my dear...think about it. :idea:
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: More Evox Lunacy Reply with quote

So, I got a personal call from Evox today, from Alexander.

He was very pleasant and so excited because my voice would be perfect as the main female British voice for their website.

(I never responded to their email, they contacted me through another route)

However, they wanted me to record all the messages FOR FREE on the promise of payment in 2006, as they DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!

I researched the business, and it is registered in the UK as opening less then two weeks ago. I don't reckon a business that has no start up money to pay their main asset - talent - is going anywhere.

Looking at their website, they offer FREE messages - at the talent's expense, of course, because the talent provided them free in the first place! The pricing for a personalized Company message is 19.90 Euros, or $24 - just how much of that goes to the talent I do not know, but Alexander mentioned 10% to me each time someone downloaded one of my messages. RIDICULOUS!
Even if the whole fee went to the talent, it would not be adequate.

So, as exciting as it all is, I just really couldn't take them up on this wonderful and flattering offer Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: