VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Audition for Mac is here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say if you're happy using SB and it does what you want it to do - stick with it.

Darren Altman
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what Todd, I just watched all of those vids and I agree, I'm going to stick with Soundbooth. It does all I need to do AND has all the audio correction facilities and editing capabilities that Audition has. It also looks identical. If anything, Audition has lots and lots of functions that we as voiceover artists will never need or use.

Glad I checked it out though, if only to rule it out.

todd ellis wrote:
i say if you're happy using SB and it does what you want it to do - stick with it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jowillie
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same way about Sound Booth. I used it since it is part of Adobe Premiere Pro and it does an OK job of cleaning up audio for video. Anything else I did in Cool Edit.
BUT! An example for anyone else thinking of using the new Audition--
Effects.. Amplitude and Compression.. Multiband Compression..
click on the drop down box and choose "Broadcast." If your original signal is clean, you will be surprised at what this does to your mic and setup.
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my initial teething troubles getting it running, I've had some time to play with it. I have to admit, that I find it quite intuitive and fit in well with my work-flow. Oh, and it is quite pretty as well.

However, when I did a A/B comparison with my current software (Apple's Soundtrack Pro) I found it brought nothing new to the table. I already have access to all the fancy plug-ins I want and the non-destructive editing that I need. Both of these tools are great, but probably overkill for VO... we probably use only a fraction of their capabilities.

I can see that this a great thing for Audition users that have been wanting to switch over to a Mac. It has a nice look and feel, but I'd be interested in seeing how much it costs. Anyone using a Mac who doesn't currently have a non-destructive wav editor or decent multitrack package (or who wants to get away from PT) may well find this is a very good option.

$99 and I'm in... $299 (which is probably a better guess)... meh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: